PB Tench - April 08

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

Cor what a lovely Tench. Im going to catch some like that at Sywell.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Well done Neil to another PB fish....you are truly on the ball this year, another cracking fish.

What a cracker ond on the pole

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Thanks one and all.

I've had7 trips there in the past 4 weeks trying for the bigger crucians and had quite a few tench from about 3lb to nudging 6lb with one @ 7lb 3oz, but nothing approaching this one.

Saturday was a grueller as I blanked for about six hours, gave in and moved to the "easier" lake and had some fun with tench between 1lb and 2lb. Then suddenly decided to move back into Harris and started again from 5pm onwards. Had tench from the off with fish to just over 5lbs and then the big one. Why I moved back I don't know!

Went again yesterday still looking for the crucians but ended up with another excellent day with the tench with the best two going 6lb 13oz and 7lb 09oz! With tench fishing of that quality and condition, I'm not too disappointed at the comparitive lack of big crucians/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

IMG_1805.JPG

F

Fred Bonney

Great fishing Neil, she's a fine fish& what a terrific haul.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Michael Townsend 3 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Makes your arm ache on light gear though Neil!</blockquote>

It's partly your fault Mike (and Lee's). I re-read Lee's article yet again at the end of March and resolved to give the crucians a serious effort (so far to travel.....it's a 38 mile round trip/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif).Had some very nice crucians but currently the tench fishing is superb.

You're right, #6/8 elastic, #18 hook to .09.... they go a bit! It's a real pleasure to fish a venue such as Marsh Farm...what no commons/mirrors??/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Top fishing Neil.

What are your plans for the 16th?

Which species should be aware that you are on the way? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Top fishing Neil.

What are your plans for the 16th?

Which species should be aware that you are on the way? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

June I assume? Whiskers, but they'll probably be spawning and therefore a waste of time (fun watching them tho/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif). The "bar" has been raised by a certain young lady and needs to be beaten/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

I need a bleak, a silver bream and a ruffe for the "other" forums species hunt/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Apart from that, I'll let you know....../forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"I need a bleak, a silver bream and a ruffe for the "other" forums species hunt"

Hmmm? Let me think? Where did we first meet? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

The "bar" yes, I agree, I'll pm you tomorrow /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

stephen webb

Reaction score
Well done Neil!

Saturday was a very hard day on Harris, Between 7am and 4.30pm ish I only saw a couple of Tench come out and no Crucians. Sadly I had to leave at 4.30 ish so missed the early evening bonanza, glad you managed to hit it!

Must admit it was a lot easier on Sunday!

Again well done and keep em coming!