Hats revisited

aebitim

Reaction score
My newbie without a hat thread recieved a fine response, and since then I have tried several hats. None of them has fitted the criterea of having a brim and being comfortable with a headtorch underneath the brim.
Today we took some stuff to the charity shop and, would you believe it, the disapearing hats brother was on the counter for £2.
2 reapearing hats in one day . . . brilliant

B

binka

Great news.

You have to have a trademark hat, fishing's just not fishing without a hat :)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Get yourself a tilley hat mate, best hats in the world for fishing bar none. Yes they are expensive but as they say, they are worth it, they give you a new one if you loose it too, how about that for a warranty!

B

binka

Mine's a Rogue, not cheap either if I remember rightly.

Brought it in St Ives, Cornwall about ten years ago, I can still hear the ex telling me how fitting the name was even now :rolleyes:

B

Berty

Mine keeps my head warm and at night it pulls down over my ears, its lined with thinsulate and it was as cheap as chips.

It is simple and it don't look like i should be totting a Winchester instead of a fishing rod! :)

B

binka

I've always seen him as a Nike man...

Wyatt-Earp-v3-8-01_zpscbddd405.jpg

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My hats are many and various, from baseball caps through all sorts of beanies and flying helmet type things to a woman's alpine fury thing with a zip off ski mask which I found in an empty car park for when it gets really cold. I also have tweed caps, a tweed trilby which belonged to my old mate and was passed on to me after he died and even a deer stalker complete with flies.
I am often seen wearing different hats during the same session as a baseball cap is great for keeping the low autumn sun out of your eyes but useless for keeping your head warm or for use with a head torch when darkness falls so it gets replaced with a beany.
I've never been a floppy/bush hat type as I always feel as though I should be at a line dancing club rather than on the river bank.

Judas Priest

Reaction score
My hats are many and various, from baseball caps through all sorts of beanies and flying helmet type things to a woman's alpine fury thing with a zip off ski mask which I found in an empty car park for when it gets really cold. I also have tweed caps, a tweed trilby which belonged to my old mate and was passed on to me after he died and even a deer stalker complete with flies.
I am often seen wearing different hats during the same session as a baseball cap is great for keeping the low autumn sun out of your eyes but useless for keeping your head warm or for use with a head torch when darkness falls so it gets replaced with a beany.
I've never been a floppy/bush hat type as I always feel as though I should be at a line dancing club rather than on the river bank.

and you're still the proud owner of 2, yes 2, not 1 but 2 Bowlers. Tight wad.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
My hats are many and various, from baseball caps through all sorts of beanies and flying helmet type things to a woman's alpine fury thing with a zip off ski mask which I found in an empty car park for when it gets really cold.

I don't want to worry you but it looks like you've found a gimp mask at a dogging site.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had to google 'gimp mask' and 'dogging', that was an interesting afternoons research.......