A very fishy Christmas!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anybody expecting anything ''fishy'' to unwrap tomorrow morning?
I myself think I am getting ''something special'' but ''the lady'' of the house won't let on!

Terry D

Reaction score
I've got a 13/15ft Daiwa Tournament Pro waggler rod. It's still in the case/tube and I haven't took it out to look at it yet. Today it'll be a very nice pressie indeed.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well I finally got something that will make me stand out on the bank...

A brand new double edged razor and a badger bristle shaving brush :D :D

Last edited:

cypryphrenia

Reaction score
Hopefully none! this may sound a tad grumpy ...but it's not, I have spent years putting off well meaning attempts by non angling friends and relatives to give me anything fishing related. For a couple of reasons, the first was that I found myself virtually drowning in junk when I was younger as they had no idea what they were buying, and secondly like many other anglers I have no wish for my domestic management to know what I really spend on kit!!
Finally I am of the opinion that the only thing that Scrooge got wrong was that he buckled under pressure......I shall not! Bah Humbug!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I got precisely NOTHING that was fishing related.Phew !

Me neither, thankfully.

I did get a nice set of 3 new Wurstof kitchen knives and a couple of cook books, Jamie and Nigella together with some gorgeous Danish glassware.

Pretty good haul this year methinks . . . . . .

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Me neither, thankfully.

I did get a nice set of 3 new Wurstof kitchen knives and a couple of cook books, Jamie and Nigella together with some gorgeous Danish glassware.

You got THREE Wusthof Knives AND a couple of cook books? You lucky ******! I asked my other halves son and wife for the 30 Min meals book but instead I got A HFW book and a James Martin book, both of which I already have :(
Peter, If I told my other half how much my Wusthof Ikon Knives cost she would throw a real wobbler! God knows what she would say if she knew how much some of my tackle cost!

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Lucky you. All I'd asked for was a Kai Shun Kaji Santoku knife and was promptly refused. Just one :(

Jap knives are superb tools but a bloody nightmare to sharpen, especially if they have Damascus blades!

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My £30 Jap knife was sharp enough to take a nice 1/8 inch shaving off my pinky while I was showing off slicing the carrots on Christmas morning, a real schoolboy error!
The moral is go easy on the bucks fizz until all the sharp knives are put away.
We made a pact this year that the budget would be kept under £30 this year so I had a copy of Countryman's Cooking by WMW Fowler in my stocking.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My £30 Jap knife was sharp enough to take a nice 1/8 inch shaving off my pinky while I was showing off slicing the carrots on Christmas morning, a real schoolboy error!
The moral is go easy on the bucks fizz until all the sharp knives are put away.
We made a pact this year that the budget would be kept under £30 this year so I had a copy of Countryman's Cooking by WMW Fowler in my stocking.

That was rather silly wasn't it! :)
I love Hugh Fernley's books as he uses REAL food, if you know what I mean. Nothing like a nice plate of lambs fry's to make your other half gag with the thought of them :D

terry m

Reaction score
Like others I was relieved to receive nothing angling related.

I did however get a very smart pair of Tiffany Cufflinks!

B

Berty

Me neither, thankfully.

Ex wives giving you hints on how to win them back?