Carp and fishing show.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've been to one of the angling trade shows but never to one of the public ones. I don't object to them, they just never come far enough north for me to be particularly interested.

Terry D

Reaction score
I live on the south coast near Southampton and made several trips to the NEC when it was a decent show. Unfortunately greed ending up making it too expensive in the end.
The nearest to me now is 'The Big One' at Farnborough. Nice that it's a lot closer, but what's the point in going when several of our largest tackle dealers can't/won't attend. We go there to look at the latest tackle and compare what manufacturers are bringing to market. We can't do that at our local tackle shops as they just can't afford to stock much. So come on Daiwa, Shimano etc. pull your fingers out and support the people who keep you in business.

terry m

Reaction score
The Big One @ farnborough is the only one I attend - occasionally.

It is an enjoyable day, but I cannot get too worked up over it, and I am never overly disappointed if I miss it.

But, on the positive side, it is a great place to pick up bulk quantities of bait, plus you can generally haggle for the odd tackle bargain.

I am always a little surprised that they choose to hold it on the last weekend of the river season?

gaz b

Reaction score
i will be going up to have a look round for a new feeder rod.
can you still get bargins prices at shows ??
ive been to other shows as well as fishing shows and trade stands
are getting less.
is the internet taking over,
or cheap chinese imports ?

Gaz

bigfish74

Reaction score
Wnd of march forgot date sorry bit check out event city manchester a quick google.will find it buddy sure its the 24th ish lol bad memory tickets a tenner in advance

Andy