Fishing on Xmas Day

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
If you saw someone fishing on Xmas day, would you think to yourself -:

Lucky So and So

or

Lonely Soul

Answers on a Post please :D

Personally i'd probably feel a little sorry for the person wondering why they didn't want to spend it with Family.

B

binka

Definitely lucky so and so.

I suppose being young (;)) free and single it's not so much of an issue and strangeley it's kind of altered things around completely this year as my plans were to be fishing today until I lost my father to a long battle with cancer last week so it will now be round to mums for dinner and looking after her, looking at the flip side of things I would have been fishing last year too but was visiting him in hospital on Christmas morning so I guess sometimes you could read in to seeing someone on the bank as all being well.

Even when I was hitched I would spend the occasional Christmas day fishing... always used to get away with it too and can only assume it's because I would be a complete pain in the r's if I couldn't go and she would prefer to get me out the way :)

Last edited:

aebitim

Reaction score
I am usually the one fishing and am as happy as you like, hoping they rain backs of a bit so I can get out on chesil later.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I woke up this morning to a tremendous thunder storm and thought to myself that anyone who is out fishing in that has to be a bit daft!