Innovation

Iain Riley

Reaction score
Where do these people come up with there ideas.

AS a carp fan I go through lots of shrink tube but not long ago i brought what I thought was going to be just another gaggit. Most folks use some kind of braided hooklengh now days either stiff or soft as a coated braid no change just peel back what you need.

Now heres where the diffeance is the fact that it is a steam link ,so you strip a bit tie your knottless kot but you leave that 1 inch coated befor you strip back or leave the coating on as i have been doing very sucsessfully as a stiflink .the thing is no more shrink tube as that ince you left at the hook works just the same so you can set your hook at any angle and do the old palm test yes i still use shrink tube but only for knotts or loops on swivles.as you steam the part by your hook it not (no pun intended) only sets the bend but tightens your knott making doubleiy sure or no slippage.it has a 25Lb strain and comes in 20 m lenghts .

I would give this a 8/10 as it can take a little practice to get it just right but once you master it it will save you a small fortune in shrink tube . i would have included the photo but like a fool i,ve done thinds the wrong way round but i will ad one over the next day or so .hope it works as well for you as it has for me

Tight lines .Iain

T

The Welsh Windbag

Sounds intersting but I can't quite work out what you mean, so went to visit the Pallatrax website.... and no help there either ! Nice site, nice pics, bugger all information. So that's another innovation I shan't be buying then.

Iain Riley

Reaction score
the idea is in the coating where we tye a knot and then use shrink tube to set the angle for the old palm test this stuff works the same but with out the shrink tube same principals hold over the kettle burn your fingers but instead of useing shrink tube to set the angle the coating on the braide dose the same thing i have been field testing this since the NEC 08 as i i say i thought it was just another gaggit but it realy works it takes a bit of practice how much to peel for the hair how much to leave for the bend.

But it have tryed it as a stiff rigg to whitch it gets my top vote and i have tryed it totaly peeled in whitch its just another sandy coulored braid the stiff is perfect form anti blow back rirs and peeled it works well as a soft link I tryed it on the method peeled on better no worse than 99% other braidsas a stiff anti blow rig it is ace ,but thoughse are just bonuses the trick is in setting the bend just above the eye of the hook as you would with shrink tube where i whould nomally go through 2 packets a session you know miss one ,get snaged new rig just to make sure the hook is not burred blunt but with this when you have got used to it you set your bend as you would with kettle and shrink tube only without the tube and if useing a knottless knott it shrink tightens to the hook shank.

I know the pallitex site isn't the best at explaining this nether was the owners son at the NEC but since then i'm a converted man not only dose it save me between £3 and 6 a sesion it seems to work in all aspects criticaly balanced ,helle rigs , zigs and plain old single boilie and a small pva bag offerings

If i wasn't sutch a dolt i would put up some pictures of the rigs and some of the fish court useing it i am tryly flabbargasted how well it works and i don't think palletex quite know what they have got or else they would explain it better and push it more.hopfully i will work out how to put the photos of the rigs up for you WW but i am sure of one thing if you have the money spair to just try this with a bit of practice you to will be a convet to.

Nice one Iain ( i hope the fish are big and the fights hard)

P

pons

Steamlink.

Further to Ians post re the Steamlink.

It is a very clever hooklink material and is a coated braid that has to be steamed straight after the coated section is stripped back to the appropriate length ,creating a very neat hinge effect for the hook.

It works very well as a short hooklink,three to four inches,and an addition of some rig putty just behind the hinged section will pin the hooklink down and help turn the hook into the fishes mouth in the event of a pick up,or more likely as the fish blows the bait back out.

You do need a kettle on the bank ,or make your rigs up at home .

I will check out the Pallatrax website as I thought it had been explained on there,obviously not very well by tthe sound of things.

Personally ,I think it is superb stuff,and the 15lb is my hooklink of choice for clearwater barbel fishing ,stripped right back for the whole 4" length,looped and used as a detachable hooklink on their lilo system,with a bag of pellet or crushed goodies slid down with a baiting needle to the hook.

For Carp I use the 25lb ,with the same set up.

Pons

Iain Riley

Reaction score
nice one Pons i agree with every thing you said spot on/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Iain

Iain Riley

Reaction score
Windy not cheep but is any coated braid ,but i am sure that you will be well impressed.

I thought I was just bying another gaggit that appeled to me ! before that I might use snakeskin or another brand cause they do what they say on the tin so to speek but this has impressed me that much I thought that i should write about it. still trying to get the photos on makes life and understanding it that bit easyer.thanks again pons for helping with the understanding part i'm quite new to the revewing somthing side of things and what you added was a great help thank you .

hope whoever reads this it will work as well and do for them what it has done for me whitch is vertuly reverlutionize my rigs and style and saved me money (thats the biggie) Pallitrax stearlink a must for most situatoins and serious carpers i would say i don't think the company knows what it has in this tool or they would be pushing it as hard as the stonz system.

Iain .Redditch