Clavering Lakes

Weeman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on Clavering Lakes in Essex? I'm looking for a water to get a few runs and enjoy myself, not too worried about getting a whacker (although the chance of one is nice!).

Also, if anyone has any other waters to recommend I would much appreciate it. I'm located in Standon, Hertfordshire.

Thanks

C

Cakey

blimey ....theres 1000's

try Holyfields in Waltham Abbey

or Holwell Hyde in WGC

or the Banjo in Stanstead Abbotts

Ginger Cress in Widford

to name a few

Weeman

Reaction score
Thanks Cakey,

Had a look at Holyfields - looks pretty good. Never heard of Ginger Cress and its just up the road from me! Do you have any details or a web address by any chance?

C

Cakey

right

come out of Widford heading north on the B1004 heading to wards Much Hadam

go past Nether Street on the right

go past Bourne lane on the right

after a few hundred yards theres a lane on the left

on the right just after the lane is Ginger Cress Farm turn into it and drive as far as you can go

now I must warn you Ive not been there for about 10 years but it was one hell of a runs water and due to having a few trout in there was able to stay open through the old close season

you will find to small lakes join together by a small trench ,the trench used to be shit hot

I used to love stalking the carp there with floating crust or a worm under a float

let me know if it still going if you decide to have a look

C

Cakey

I used to have some good fun at Newlands Hall ,Chelmsford .........mmmm must go back one day