Otter petition

cg74

Reaction score
Where is the evidence to support the claims?

As I'd rather eat a bucket full of cold vomit than back a claim made purely on supposition and hearsay.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I would rather sign Steve Bull for the Albion than this load of ill informed nonsense , I thought anglers were guardians of our ecological heritage ?

Hang on is this another otter thread ?

cg74

Reaction score
I would rather sign Steve Bull for the Albion than this load of ill informed nonsense , I thought anglers were guardians of our ecological heritage ?

Hang on is this another otter thread ?

I dunno much about football but I do recognise an 'Otter thread when I see one, and this IS most definitely one......

I await posts by the three B's (Bonney, Brailsford & Boote).:eek:mg:

minkman

Reaction score
as im out 7 days a week in the countryside working [pest control] i see first hand what damage otters can do. most otters will avoid coming into contact with man but i have seen otters that dont seem bothered also mink that have ran straight at me. And foxes that have been taken out of towns and dumped in a field by so called rescue people. Something needs 2 be done.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I dunno much about football but I do recognise an 'Otter thread when I see one, and this IS most definitely one......

I await posts by the three B's (Bonney, Brailsford & Boote).:eek:mg:

I am not even going to go there Colin, Sorry if I've disappointed you ;)

I have my feelings about this but I am not going to get drawn in to any arguments about Otters anymore as its getting a little bit tedious.

Happy new year every one, have a good 1213 :)

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The people who work in the field know whats been going on for a few years now the river Deban has been ravaged by otters for to long blood know nothing claptrap merchants need to get out there and speak to the people who live and own land on these areas where the otter has been doing its thing for to long. To many of any animal in a limited food resource is no good for the balance of nature May I suggest that if you are not aware by personal experience of what is going on with the otter you keep your ill informed opinions to yourself.:wh

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
foxes that have been taken out of towns and dumped in a field by so called rescue people. Something needs 2 be done.
Now that's something that needs sorting. This is one of the reasons I will not support the RSPCA, what a bunch of mindless idiots they are!
As a supporter of fox hunting and field sports I have read many an article by ''Animal Welfare'' groups blaming huntsmen for releasing tame foxes in to the wild so they can hunt them (what a load of boll@cks that is!) when at the same time they release urbanized Animals out in to the wild which have no idea how to hunt and as a result the poor creatures starve to death!

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now that's something that needs sorting. This is one of the reasons I will not support the RSPCA, what a bunch of mindless idiots they are!
As a supporter of fox hunting and field sports I have read many an article by ''Animal Welfare'' groups blaming huntsmen for releasing tame foxes in to the wild so they can hunt them (what a load of boll@cks that is!) when at the same time they release urbanized Animals out in to the wild which have no idea how to hunt and as a result the poor creatures starve to death!

To true I have done some lamping for foxes and the uban foxes that these people release in to the wild are doing the fox no favours they may as well put them in a shooting gallery if a country freddie so much as hears you he is off the town fox stands there looking at you .

chav professor

Reaction score
No problem signing IMO..... Ill informed or not..... there are significant problems caused by otters - FACT!

For some rivers it has dealt a death blow - others like my own, otters seem to pose little significant issue - believe me I have seen plenty!

By signing I have offered support to my fellow anglers - if the facts are a little sketchy and ill informed - does it matter - its how the otter problem is seen by many many anglers. Perhaps by bringing the issue to the attention of government it is at least discussed as a discussion making level.

Ill informed?????? I have one word - Springwatch/Autumn watch (well two words).

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To true I have done some lamping for foxes and the uban foxes that these people release in to the wild are doing the fox no favours they may as well put them in a shooting gallery if a country freddie so much as hears you he is off the town fox stands there looking at you .

Too true mate,

I know Otters take fish, its what they do, but I would just like to meet these folk that supposedly release hand reared Otters in to the wild, do they really exist? Or are folk getting them mixed up with people that look after injured Animals and the enter them back in to the wild...Think about it, there is a lot of difference between the two!

richiekelly

Reaction score
Signed and gladly, to many released with to little thought put into the reintroductions in the headlong rush by selfish people without a care for the environment they were being released into.

aebitim

Reaction score
I have worked in conservation and farming for over 20 years and the only thing that still surprises me is the ignorance and head in sand attitude of so many when it comes to managing resources. I have signed.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pointless exercise in my view, we now have so many individuals/groups doing the same thing that it will be obvious that not one will have sufficient support to get anything done.

Get behind one group, the Angling Trust...you know it makes sense!

fishface1

Reaction score
The good news about that e-petition is that it seems to show that less 0.1% of licence buying anglers are ignorant, poorly informed, and Hell-bent on bringing about the demise of recreational angling in this country.....

sam vimes

Reaction score
I have worked in conservation and farming for over 20 years and the only thing that still surprises me is the ignorance and head in sand attitude of so many when it comes to managing resources. I have signed.

Most people are totally ignorant of just how managed the countryside in this country is. They have no understanding of what it takes to have the countryside look the way it does.

However, I still firmly believe that we are peeing in the wind when it comes to otters. I'd go so far to say that calling for culls actually harms the angling cause. The vast majority are never going to tolerate measures against otters, non-lethal or otherwise. Shouting about what you'd like to do to otters is crackers.

split shot

Reaction score
Pointless exercise in my view, we now have so many individuals/groups doing the same thing that it will be obvious that not one will have sufficient support to get anything done.

At least they are trying! Which is more than the AT appear to be.

Very badly worded petition, maybe 10 years ago released otters were the problem. Now we must be 6 or 7 generations on from the last hand reared otters released. That doesn't change the fact that they are having a massive impact on our ecosystem, signed.

aebitim

Reaction score

I hear what you are saying, but it seems to me the Angling Trust is doing a pretty good job of dividing anglers itself. This may well be an ignorant and head in sand attitude so I will make the effort to look into it.