new digital scales

C

cojo

i'm in the market for a new set of scales does anyone own or see any of the new digital scales no the marketfrom either reubon heaton or chub or the fox stalker scales as they seem to be advertised everywhere but has anyone seem em in the flesh

many thanks

colin

John Southgate

Reaction score
recently picked up some fox digitals (not the stalkers) for about £70. shop around as they are advertised for as much as £90. Great scales, good backlight, nice and solid and includes catch history memory if you like that sort of thing. Not tried the stalkers but worth paying that extra bit of cash for these in my opinion

http://www.fishingwarehouseshop.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/29/products_id/782

paul tant

Reaction score
i would do a search on some of the forums m8 ,

the thing ive read, is how inconsistent they are , just a thought before you part with your hard earned .

T

The Welsh Windbag

I recently went for some small and very nice Rapala 0 - 15lb digital scales, having realised that 95% of everything I fish for and catch is under 15 lbs and that the need for accuracy on the smaller weights is more crucial for me than having scales that go up to 40lbs odd with lower margins of accuracy.....

But could I find any in the UK ? Nope. So headed for the 'states on fleabay and seller hunting-and-fishing-and-more here. $20 plus another $7 postage and bob's your uncle.

Very pleased with them, small, neat and unobtrusive. seem pretty accurate too.

C

cojo

thanks for ya input I'll give it a look i bet I'll end up with a tried and tested dial gauged Reuben's just fancied some smaller,I've been told that the fox ones eat there batteries?

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
I have a set of these Ron Thompson 20lb scales. Not sure of accuracy but a handy sized unit that fits nicely into a small bag. No frills but does me nicely.

Ron Thompson Scales

Might be worth searching around for best price as Hinders are not always the cheapest.

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
hi there dont listen to all the rubbish about the fox scales using alot of batteries its rubbish,as i have said on here before they are an excellent set of scales iv had mine since they came out and never had a problem with them ,they are easy to use with a brilliant memory system and as for accuracy they are bang on and they have been tested against another set of fox scales and both read the same every time check out ebay mate they seem to fetch around 60 to 65 quid.

John Southgate

Reaction score
totally agree reubens are great mate. the fox digis offer something different tho. personal choice and what you like at the end of the day. i've had enough of shaking needles. but as long as it's past your previous high reading that's the nuts so who cares what you weigh on!!!!

S

sash

Salter Samson Digitals. 55lb x 0.5oz divisions. Expensive (£75 plus) but fantastic. Have had mine for 3 years now and are still bang on accurate despite abuse and even an accidenntal soaking.

C

cojo

thanks again for all ya input I'll keep noising around and see what i can find

Foxy

Reaction score
Ahhhh im in the same dilemma, reubens or fox digi?

wasss e reckon???