REMOVE the ROYAL

minkman

Reaction score
Isnt it about time the RSPCA / RSPB lost the right 2 use royal untill they got back what they are surposed 2 do. Animal welfare not animal rights.

chav professor

Reaction score
It does seem a bit shakey.... perhaps they should keep the ROYAL whilst the 'family' enjoys a bit of Boxing day driven shooting thanks!:D

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Isnt it about time the RSPCA / RSPB lost the right 2 use royal untill they got back what they are surposed 2 do. Animal welfare not animal rights.

I have nothing against the RSPB really, they have just got a little bit too big for their boots!
The RSPCA on the other hand are just a bunch of hypocritical little Hitlers! If they went back to the policies they started with all those years ago then yes, I would give them a royal warrant, not now though. Who ever thought up the Idea of catching Urban foxes and releasing them back into the wild must be a bloody retard! And don't get me started on how they treat dogs (and other ''rescue'' pets) I know several Dog wardens that will not take Animals to RSPCA Kennels, they take them to rescue centres were they have a lot better chance of survival!

Rant over :)

Simon K

Reaction score
I have nothing against the RSPB really, they have just got a little bit too big for their boots!
The RSPCA on the other hand are just a bunch of hypocritical little Hitlers! If they went back to the policies they started with all those years ago then yes, I would give them a royal warrant, not now though. Who ever thought up the Idea of catching Urban foxes and releasing them back into the wild must be a bloody retard! And don't get me started on how they treat dogs (and other ''rescue'' pets) I know several Dog wardens that will not take Animals to RSPCA Kennels, they take them to rescue centres were they have a lot better chance of survival!

Agreed. They have some good people working for them (largely at ground-level), but as an organisation are incompetent hypocrites, directed by an Animal Rights/Liberationist council.

terry m

Reaction score
Removing or withdrawing the Royal Warrant is not a common occurence. But the original poster has a point, especially the RSPB IMHO.

minkman

Reaction score

The RSPCA are trying 2 close rescue centres in this area. In one attempt they PTS 3 dogs because they barked at them the people at the rescue centre had no problem with the 3 dogs . the attempt 2 close that 1 failed.
Another 1 is happening now 1 cat dead so far.As 2 RSPB all they are interested in is birds of prey .

p

B

binka

The RSPCA are trying 2 close rescue centres in this area. In one attempt they PTS 3 dogs because they barked at them the people at the rescue centre had no problem with the 3 dogs . the attempt 2 close that 1 failed.
Another 1 is happening now 1 cat dead so far.As 2 RSPB all they are interested in is birds of prey .

I have referred to this in another thread and have resisted every opportunity to name and post this as the last thing I would wish to happen is to prejudice people's thoughts which would in turn reflect in their donations and animals suffer because of it but alas I believe the situation won't improve unless the realisation sets in within the organisation and i hope that someone brings it to their attention.

Not too long ago I wrote to the RSPCA stating that I had bequeathed two properties to them in my will, my own estate and my parents property which in turn had been bequeathed to me, an estate valued at approximately £275,000, should anything happen to me.

I also informed them that through my own particular area of work I could probably save them in the region of 25% in certain areas of their expenditure, and that I was willing to throw aside my loyalties to my employer and produce the qualified savings for them off of my own back as a further gesture free of charge at a cost of nothing other than my own time and effort.

I received in reply what I perceived to be an "Oh no here's a pain in the r'se who's not going to go away" reply along with an invite to visit their purpose built headquarters in Horsham which I gratefully accepted, and which was to me something like resembling an airport terminal in a rural setting after travelling four hundred miles or so journey and a very long day to get there and back.

Upon the guided tour I observed their legal department complete with newspaper cuttings highlighting their admirable victories in cruelty cases, the nice relaxed atmosphere where the workers were encouraged to bring their dogs in to the office and sit beside their owners desks but most of all the protective and dismissive attitude of the man giving me the tour when he stated that they only spend around fifty grand a year in the particular area which I was covering, completely free of charge, to review.

You don't have to get things in writing to pick up the vibes and this guy was basically telling me that he could't be @rsed, the whole thing went nowhere and I have changed my will to instead support local, more accountable animal charities.

An extremely sad reflection on the RSPCA, if I may say so and if Her Royal Highness The Queen thinks that this is acceptable then i would question her accountability too.

Last edited:

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Like so many things in life, it is the payment which secures the use:eek:

B

binka

Like so many things in life, it is the payment which secures the use:eek:

Except in this case the payment they will no longer receive due to their own (in) actions, and they will not be able to use it.

I want my money to be as hard spent as it was earned and I can honestly say that I witnessed nothing remoteley approaching that.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes independent animal centres do good work rehousing animals

The Sheffield dog Rescue Centre (Based in Chesterfield, work that on out Paul!) is a Brilliant Charity and they never put Animals too sleep, unlike the RSPCA, all they seem to want to do is put Dogs to sleep just to prove a point! A friend of my dads tried to adopt a Rabbit for his Daughter but the stupid vetting system the Society use is very Prohibitive and he just gave up. I know a dog warden who used to be a RSPCA warden, She gave up the job as she was appalled at the way they just kept destroying healthy dogs without giving them a chance!

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Except in this case the payment they will no longer receive due to their own (in) actions, and they will not be able to use it.

I want my money to be as hard spent as it was earned and I can honestly say that I witnessed nothing remoteley approaching that.

It's none of my business where you leave your money but the Salvation Army does some good work caring for those who the Care in the Community mental health policy have let down.

Simon K

Reaction score
Tell you what Binka, I'm stunned at the way you feel you were treated.

The RSPCA are on their knees at the moment with legacies (a massive part of their funding) and donations at an all-time low, they barely have a pot to micturate in, relative to pre-austerity. I would have expected you to have been given proper Red Carpet treatment!

I've been to Horsham too, though in somewhat different circumstances and can understand the storm of controversy that was unleashed when they spent that amount of money on it.

As I've highlighted elsewhere, they're now an animal rights-led concern as far as policy is concerned, the only acts of simple welfare coming from individual employees at ground level.
There are good people in there, but the organisation as a whole is arrogant and rotten.

john step

Reaction score
Binker, i expect the angling trust could use the money

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I have referred to this in another thread and have resisted every opportunity to name and post this as the last thing I would wish to happen is to prejudice people's thoughts which would in turn reflect in their donations and animals suffer because of it but alas I believe the situation won't improve unless the realisation sets in within the organisation and i hope that someone brings it to their attention.

Not too long ago I wrote to the RSPCA stating that I had bequeathed two properties to them in my will, my own estate and my parents property which in turn had been bequeathed to me, an estate valued at approximately £275,000, should anything happen to me.

I also informed them that through my own particular area of work I could probably save them in the region of 25% in certain areas of their expenditure, and that I was willing to throw aside my loyalties to my employer and produce the qualified savings for them off of my own back as a further gesture free of charge at a cost of nothing other than my own time and effort.

I received in reply what I perceived to be an "Oh no here's a pain in the r'se who's not going to go away" reply along with an invite to visit their purpose built headquarters in Horsham which I gratefully accepted, and which was to me something like resembling an airport terminal in a rural setting after travelling four hundred miles or so journey and a very long day to get there and back.

Upon the guided tour I observed their legal department complete with newspaper cuttings highlighting their admirable victories in cruelty cases, the nice relaxed atmosphere where the workers were encouraged to bring their dogs in to the office and sit beside their owners desks but most of all the protective and dismissive attitude of the man giving me the tour when he stated that they only spend around fifty grand a year in the particular area which I was covering, completely free of charge, to review.

You don't have to get things in writing to pick up the vibes and this guy was basically telling me that he could't be @rsed, the whole thing went nowhere and I have changed my will to instead support local, more accountable animal charities.

An extremely sad reflection on the RSPCA, if I may say so and if Her Royal Highness The Queen thinks that this is acceptable then i would question her accountability too.

There was a thing on central News a few months ago about a old guy that left his cottage and a couple of acres of land adjacent which for over many years became a nature reserve for the local community. The guy stated in his will that the land must be kept as a nature reserve and tended for as such, But a few months after his death they sold the land to a building contractor after promising him they would honour his wishes...ARS@H&LES!!!

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

It's none of my business where you leave your money but the Salvation Army does some good work caring for those who the Care in the Community mental health policy have let down.

I am not Religious as such but I have allways and allways will give to the Sally Army along with mountain Rescue and RNLI. I might need their help one day and so may you!!

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

Binker, i expect the angling trust could use the money

Was that an hint ;)

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Tell you what Binka, I'm stunned at the way you feel you were treated.

The RSPCA are on their knees at the moment with legacies (a massive part of their funding) and donations at an all-time low, they barely have a pot to micturate in, relative to pre-austerity. I would have expected you to have been given proper Red Carpet treatment!

I've been to Horsham too, though in somewhat different circumstances and can understand the storm of controversy that was unleashed when they spent that amount of money on it.

As I've highlighted elsewhere, they're now an animal rights-led concern as far as policy is concerned, the only acts of simple welfare coming from individual employees at ground level.
There are good people in there, but the organisation as a whole is arrogant and rotten.

The organisation as been infiltrated by young Graduates that have been pro-active in Animal rights groups while at university and managed, because of their qualifications, to get straight into the vacancies at top level. They will never get a penny of my money!

mick b

Reaction score
I used the RSPB to pursue an individual who had stolen a clutch of swans eggs and proceeded to keep the hatched cygnets in a 6x6 pen in his garden. I handed my info to the investigation dept at Sandy whereon they did superb job with a successful prosecution.
However, the RSPB seem to be expanding their horizons of late, trying, it seems, to become THE conservation organisation in our countryside, totally ignoring the highly successful work of our county Wildlife Trusts. Perhaps their pub bar pin badges are the way of the future, somehow I hope not!

I have also had dealings with the RSPCA, witnessing their attempts to break into property under their perceived authority, threaten witnesses while taking their 'legal statements', amateurishly pursue a swan entangled in fishing line until it was exhausted (and still free) and have to advise one of their officers that they owned a terrier with a docked tail contrary to a law passed two years previously.
In my experience every RSPCA officer I have met were totally ignorant of the countryside and its ways and are best operating within cities and large urban conurbations.

Yes, let the RSPB retain its patronage as long as it stays within its original aims.
However the RSPCA should loose theirs because they have wandered too far, and for too long, from theirs. Don't suppose this will lead to them attacking our sport will it??????

Simon K

Reaction score
The organisation as been infiltrated by young Graduates that have been pro-active in Animal rights groups while at university and managed, because of their qualifications, to get straight into the vacancies at top level. They will never get a penny of my money!

They haven't "infiltrated" Mark, they've been actively recruited. I've met them.

chav professor

Reaction score
I think the angling trust missed a trick - should have named itself the Angling conservation trust.

Birds have a group... Animals have a group.... Fish are underrepresented. If things are healthy 'under the water' - its a good environmental indicator. for example, when steeling birds eggs - the RSPB has teeth.... If fish are poached out of rivers, its difficult to police and not seen as harmful.

Simon K

Reaction score
I think the angling trust missed a trick - should have named itself the Angling conservation trust.

Birds have a group... Animals have a group.... Fish are underrepresented. If things are healthy 'under the water' - its a good environmental indicator. for example, when steeling birds eggs - the RSPB has teeth.... If fish are poached out of rivers, its difficult to police and not seen as harmful.

Two problems with that:
1. Fish don't have the "cute & cuddly" resonance with the public to encourage general sympathy and donations......

2. With the recent exception of the Eel, fish also don't have the many "protected species" representatives which also garners publicity for species and habitat protection that the birds/mammals have.

All UK reptiles are protected under the C&W Act as are amphibians to varying degrees.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fish don't have the "cute & cuddly" resonance with the public to encourage general sympathy and donations......

Simon,
If you saw how my other half talks to ''her Babies'' in our Aquarium then you would realise that some people do think fish are cute and cuddly :D