Carp Society show @ Sandown

A

Andy Davis

Any one else going ? I am going to look at Badger Classics stuff and see what it's like !

C

Carp Angler

I've just bought some stuff from Badger that I will be doing a review on soon.
Early signs are impressive.....

S

Simon Ford

Yep i`m going to look at the daiwa infinity range of reels
ps: has anybody got a pair of shimano biomaster special gt7000 for sale

N

Neil Wayte

Come and say hello I'm on the RMC stand.Can't miss me tall handsome good looking and wearing a bloody yellow shirt.Welch's colour scemes take some believing.

P

Paul Hawkins

I was dissapointed in the lack of trade stands by Fox, ESP/Drennan.
For sure there were bargains to be had on some of the shop stands but I wasn't overly impressed with the various forums.
Didn't see any slide shows etc.
Lacked the professionalism of the NEC Angling show.
Oh dear, is that controversial!
Mind you, i'd listen to Paisley anytime, anywhere.
The man's a legend.

C

Carp Angler

A legend?
They must have widened the band a bit then!!
You can't slate the show and then say that he's remarkable, his autocratic, dictatorial leadership makes the show what it is, the minions are just there to take the flak when they get into another financial hole, allegedly.....

N

Neil Wayte

I have to beg to differ here big Fellar,I think you will find that there was a new team organising the show this time.With messers Ian Welch and Marsh Pratley(love that name)having a major role in organising the show.I've not been to a cs show for 10 years,is it that long ago I fell out with the cs and even though I spent all day on the RMC stand It appeared to go well.But then I'm biased cos my mate helped organise it.

C

Carp Angler

healthy debate and all that......
agree with the bit about Marsh Pratleys' name though

P

Paul Hawkins

Carp Angler,
I think it's perfectly reasonable to be less than impressed with something overall whilst still finding a part of the whole entertaining or of interest.
As for autocratic.....well, telling me what I can't and can do!!
I know Tim Paisley the writer. That's it. But boy can he write!
Did anyone see a Badger stand?(Changing the subject ever so slightly)

C

Carp Angler

Hopefully with the leadership resigning, the CS may now take a turn for the better.
I agree that he can write, but most of it I find contradictary and non-factual.

Onto Badger, I thought they were going to be there, but I was told there were missing!

R

Rob Stubbs

What's this about the leadership resigning, I haven't heard anything - can you elaborate ?

Thanks,

Rob.

C

Carp Angler

This weeks AM and C**p-Talk.
Tim P, Kev Clifford and Chris Ball all resigned as trustees.
Whether this means they are still part of the mechanics, then only time will tell.
I must admit to the 'net being particularly quiet about this, not suprising as only 44 members turned up for the AGM.

N

Neil Wayte

Could this be linked to what might happen at Horseshoe.I think the ten tear ticket runs out soon.??????????

J

Jan Porter

Badger didn't exhibit at the show this year, David Mannall (might have spelt this wrong!) was the main organiser as far the trade goes and from my perspective he ran a very tight ship extremely professionally without getting phased. Can't comment on the forum except the one I attended which was around the same time Del was throwing tackle to the younger carpers, the seat were full at the end and apart from a couple of seasoned hecklers it seemed to go okay. The food was good but there were some humungus queue's for refreshments. I sense that overall it was a success, lets face it after that sardine tin last year anything would have been a bonus.I also met a few of my carping heroes albeit fleetingly but all in all I enjoyed it enormously.

Have a Cool Yule all!

C

Carp Angler

I understand from others that your stand was quite well received
Being one of the few major companies that turned up, I think did your credibility the world of good.
When do I get a freebie Shimano Hardcore T-shirt then Jan?

R

Rob Stubbs

I've just seen the resignations in last weeks CT (really should read it rather than flicking through it each week). I'm curious so I'll see if I can find out what it really means - I would guess very little.

Rob.

A

Andy Davis

Since I started this thread:)
I went paid my money and was a bit miffed at the entrance fee, had a wander around, talked to a bloke in a loud shirt on the RMC stand (he had more beard than hair ;) went to the Hinders forum thing upstairs, this was fantastic, left there with loads of questions answered, and another 50 questions to think about! played with the new baitrunners: very nice they, also looked at the free spirit rods, and will be adding another to my rod bag shortly!
All in all a good time was had and I will go again this year.