Question for the PM

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

A Conservative MP asked Brown why the cost of a concessionary fishing licence had gone up by such a large amount? In the past they had been half the price of a normal licence.

Brown has promised to look into it!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Because if you can afford to buy bait, fishing line, hooks, shot, petrol to the venue, club book/day ticket then you can bloody well pay full price for your fishing so all you cheapos think yourself lucky that you get a bit knocked off the full price.

Reaction score
NO NO NO!

Brown is now aware that something called 'a fishing license' exists and it won't belong before he adds some sort of tax to it and we'll all be paying 60% more for one.

This should have been kept quiet

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Personally I do not mind paying full whack, but there is a principle involved here.

Why was the concessionary fee put up so much?

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Lord Paul of Sheffield wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Because if you can afford to buy bait, fishing line, hooks, shot, petrol to the venue, club book/day ticket then you can bloody well pay full price for your fishing so all you cheapos think yourself lucky that you get a bit knocked off the full price.</blockquote>
well said L P.

Joey

Reaction score
I wonder why it was a conservative mp who raised the matter, isn't there somebody named Salter who is supposed to look after the interests of anglers?

I alsofind it a bitritch that Scottish members, who dont' pay anything for a licence, should be in favour of English pensioners subsidising their fishing.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
In fact shouldn't the OAPs, school kids and benefits crowd pay double or thriple since they can obviously fish more oftern than those who work

(BAZ rides again)

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you cant afford to fish, then don,t fish. Mone Mone Mone that's all they do./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
might stop a few of those "have you got a hook please mister?" type kids that run around the bank, throwing bolies at each other and swearing.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
And also those doddery old git who come up to you and think you'll be interested in their life story

"I've lived in SA you know........now let me tell you what the fishing is like over there............."

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
9.gif

MeLord; You,ve being on top form the last two days,

Keep it up !!!............

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy

But Ron is too experienced to get caught that easy. He was in the swim when I came here baking on the top, I but a bit of bait out , Ron came back in to the swim, spotted the bait and even though my hook presentation was good he shot off and has not been back since - wily old fish is Ron.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
He's got the same fat finger - got an infection in my left index finger on Saturday and now it's twice the size as normal