cormorant watch

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Christmas Piking cancelled due to the weather and a cold,:mad: so, bored as I am, filled in the 3 I saw this morning circling over the lakes on the other side of the river.

Stu

bigfish74

Reaction score
filled in everytime i see them think i need to leave the tackle at home and take the rifle out instead

andy

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I see them every day now. Between one and fourteen every morning. The floods seem to be keeping them hungry though

bigfish74

Reaction score
It ok these groups saying they need culling but by the time its comes around to getting the nod there will be no fish left a bit like stable door and bolting horses i know things dont happen overnight but how long has this debate been going on for now

Andy

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
It ok these groups saying they need culling but by the time its comes around to getting the nod there will be no fish left a bit like stable door and bolting horses i know things dont happen overnight but how long has this debate been going on for now

It's getting there. I read they have been added to the general list in Europe so it can't take forever for us to follow. Can it? ;)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I see them every day now. Between one and fourteen every morning. The floods seem to be keeping them hungry though

We don't seem to see so many on the Hampshire Avon these days.

That said I have stopped taking water from the river for my Kelly Kettle as most of the cormorants seem to have suffered from lead poisoning, so I reckon that the water is to blame!

[remember I don't use smiley things . . . . ]

barbelboi

Reaction score
An average of at least 7 on a local pit as only a few anglers this time of year - and they seem to be a lot bolder these days.
Jerry

sumtime

Reaction score
Had a walk around my local park yesterday, spotted two cormorants, was in formed there were eight hanging about here. Can't see the good fishing lasting long, rather worrying. :(