Flurocarbon mainlines

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Krystonite seems to be used alot and has a good reputation on here,not sure if it is classed as a true florocarbon though.

G

Ged

Ultimate.
Have used it to good effect, not sure if it is better than any other make or if it made a big difference to using mono.
Experimented last summer switching hook links from mono, fluorocarbon and coated lines.
mono and fluorocarbon both did well. The coated lines I ditched ass catch rate slowed down.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Personal preference - I'm afraid I don't like Krystonite, not because it isn't a true flourocarbon but because I've had it break on me on more than one occasion.

I use mono now, Suffix Xcelon to be precise and I am much happier with it, infact I can't fault it, supple, strong and a good diameter to breaking strain ratio.

I use Shakespeare Sightfree when I need a flouro hooklength or Korda IQ.

Weeman

Reaction score
thanks chaps

I like the idea of a fluro mainline to get it well sunk when fishing slack lines (as I mostly do), but several people I know have had problems with it as you say Pikey. Just wondered if a wonder product was out there I haven't heard about.

Interesting point about the different hooklinks Ged. When you say 'coated lines' I presume you are talking about coated braids (mantis etc)?

G

Ged

Coated carbon mono.

if you want a sinking main line, good old maxima. Thick in diameter compaired to modern day lines but sinks well,

Weeman

Reaction score
Ah, coated mono. Interesting that mono and fluro came out better. Love mono hooklinks myself - cheap, supple, strong and most people are on the coated braids so its different as well.

C

cojo

if your not needing to fish at any sort of range 20lb x line is worth alook sinks like a brick i,ve give loads of stick gets my vote..

R

Roto Fryer

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Weeman wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Hello all, Anyone got any recommendations for a fluro mainline?</blockquote>

none. as in the last post on this subject (less than 2 weeks ago) i strongly suggest you go for a hybrid line.

if you search you will see whats said!