anyone fishing new year's day

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Paul,

If this weather carries on like it is doing we will be able to fish from our door steps :eek:mg:

Happy New Year mate :)

(Can't believe I am sat here at this time in the morning after drinking two bottles of Cotes Du Rhone last night :))

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got back from a walk by the river opposite to my house. It is over the banks on the far side and about 2 to 3 fields wide now, and that is 12 miles above Salisbury so goodness knows what it is like down there.

So, no fishing for me for some time I reckon, shame really as it is a lovely day here so far, blue sky and a warm-ish sun

andreagrispi

Reaction score
A spot of Stillwater roach fishing for me tomorrow.

Hope I catch one of the monsters my mate saw in spring last year, if so, I could be in for a 3lb'er.

B

binka

Just returned and second dawn till dusk blank on the pike in three days!

Thoroughly enjoyed the fresh air though and a new water which i'll be giving another go when we get more settled weather and the feeder stream isn't turning it orange with the clay off the fields... always good to get the first blank out of the way! :)

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Fished a club match today on the Aylesbury Arm of the GUC.
Had a 2lb skimmer in the first fifteen minutes, then struggled and froze in the bitterly cold wind for 4 hours. Half an hour to go ( as at least a quarter of the field filed past me on their way home ) one more skimmer. The framers all caught a few bream, winner had c.10lb.
Finished 5th or 6th? 13 fished...

terry m

Reaction score
Nicest day for ages - weather wise - in my part of the country. People over for lunch so refrained from slipping out with rods in hand.

Afraid it is stillwaters only for at least a few weeks, the rivers are simply inaccessible due to floods.

Oh well, back to the grind tomorrow!

:eek:mg:

tilly05

Reaction score
Blanked at eccleafield today, did spend 2/3 of the day searching for the elusive carp in this pond... Apparently very hard to catch in the colder months.... Very nice day tho, enjoyed it

sma

Reaction score
Had a couple of hours at ecclesfield dam,a few small roach on waggler and maggot. Tilly, you must have been the guy in the top right hand peg?

tilly05

Reaction score
Yep, that was me.
i had a feeling that the top edge would be holding fish as its a nice safe zone but nope.
Pulled a blinder on sunday, gave the missus my house keys. When i got there put steering lock on car, only to realise when i got ready to leave that the lock key was on my house keys... Oops, half an hour wait for them to be brought to me!