Angling Times has unearthed video footage of the incident...

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Interesting to read the comments on the video, majority obviously seem to think its okay to fish out of season, and the villain is the cameraman :confused::confused:

Chevin

Reaction score
Was the guy easily recognised? I ask because while I am not sure that I was getting the video properly, it seemed that each time the angler turned so that his face came towards the camera, it moved and turned away from him. I am only working on an iPad at the moment, so it is more than likely I am missing something rather than disputing anything.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Possibly because the cameraman didn't want the angler to know he was being recorded, cant belive the arrogance of the angler carrying on fishing knowing he was being observed.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Was the guy easily recognised? I ask because while I am not sure that I was getting the video properly, it seemed that each time the angler turned so that his face came towards the camera, it moved and turned away from him. I am only working on an iPad at the moment, so it is more than likely I am missing something rather than disputing anything.

Not missing anything at all Ian.

To me that could be anyone fishing, and with no readable timeline either, then it could have been at any time too.

It all seems rather "thin" to be put on youtube let alone the Angling Times

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
yes I was wondering how you "prove" fishing in the close season from the clip Peter

Seemingly only because the opening titles say so?

I know that the subsequent hearing proved he was guilty, nonetheless, this footage is hardly proof positive as it stands.

Still, it was in the Angling times, so I guess it just has to be true, eh?

barisaxman

Reaction score
The bald guy, I presume is Bob James seems to be spinning to me, so he could be salmon fishing which would be legal, providing he had the right licence. The other guy was obviously chucking a feeder out.

B

Berty

The film proves sweet FA.......just someone fishing at what i believe may be Mordiford ?..........and would the car be a 4x4 Merc, if so then i personally believe it ;)?

Last edited:

M&B

Reaction score
It will do for me, judge should have put the black hat on, hanged by the neck till dead I say!!!