Matsuku reels

magicone

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone know who supplies Dragon Carp Direct with the Matsuku Rotorblade reel range.

Reason for asking, had one as a gift for Christmas. but no information was in the box for the Maintenance of the reel or the Line capacities of the spools.

Have contacted the Sales, but as yet no replies......

Thanks

B

binka

I can't find anything on it either, did you contact sales to say you already have one and need the information?

If so I would get in touch again and say that you and a mate are thinking of buying six but just need to know a couple of things first... might speed them up a bit ;)

bigfish74

Reaction score
Its another marco contessi was talking about these a few weeks ago at the tackle fair at haydock

Andy

richiekelly

Reaction score
You got a DC reel for Christmas....You must have some really tight ar$ed relatives then :D

Or it could be that this was what they could afford to buy, I have never known a fish take a bait because of what tackle an angler uses cost. if you can afford tackle from the more expensive end of the market and that's what you want that's up to you but please don't belittle others that cannot. the chap only asked for some information.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or it could be that this was what they could afford to buy, I have never known a fish take a bait because of what tackle an angler uses cost. if you can afford tackle from the more expensive end of the market and that's what you want that's up to you but please don't belittle others that cannot. the chap only asked for some information.

It was just a wind up ence the smiley :)

noknot

Reaction score
Never heard of Matsuku? It sounds Japanese to me, but for the price they must be from China, and yes if that is what the OP can afford then why not, should be OK for general angling.
Had a google but found nothing on the brand.

magicone

Reaction score
It seems some people using equipment for whatever sport are like BMW owners when they come across a inferior model to theirs. They moan.....

What has quality of a reel has to do with catching fish. Reels of today are better than those of some 20/30 years ago wherever they come from, granted if you are fishing 24/7 then maybe an up market reel is the one to use. But then maybe not as I've found in the past.

Anyhow all I asked was for information about the reel, not its quality.

B

binka

It seems some people using equipment for whatever sport are like BMW owners when they come across a inferior model to theirs. They moan.....

I hope you find your information magicone, I tried all sorts of searches after you posted last night and even tried Google Translate to change it to Japenese before searching in that language but still came up with a blank (Matsuku ローターブレード).

I hope I can dispell the myth about BMW drivers... well at least some of them anyway, as an owner I think that they are the most unreliable car i've ever owned backed by a dealership network of arrogant tossers and dolly bird showroom assistants that look more like they should be at a cocktail party, i'll be sticking with Toyota or Honda in the future, far better experience all around.

Good luck with the reel mate :)

bigfish74

Reaction score
Might be better phoning them iv tried email before and got no answer but phone answered straight away

Andy

paul80

Reaction score
And talking of Cheap Reels, over the last 40 odd years I have used many reels, some cheap an some expensive, from fixed spool to Centerpins, and although they have all seen extensive use, I have only ever had one reel fail, and that was a Mitchell 300, which stripped its main gear on a 5lb Carp, I have never had an ounce of problems very any of the Cheap reels, including the DC Centerpins.

I often find the only difference between cheap and expensive reels is the use of Aluminium for the spools, with the cheap ones only using Graphite and the more expensive one or two aluminium, although thats sadly not always the case.

Don't worry if you can only afford budget gear or cannot justify expensive gear, it will last for years and as said no fish will look at your reel and say I am not letting that tight Wad catch me. :)

Paul

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hope you find your information magicone, I tried all sorts of searches after you posted last night and even tried Google Translate to change it to Japenese before searching in that language but still came up with a blank (Matsuku ローターブレード).

I hope I can dispell the myth about BMW drivers... well at least some of them anyway, as an owner I think that they are the most unreliable car i've ever owned backed by a dealership network of arrogant tossers and dolly bird showroom assistants that look more like they should be at a cocktail party, i'll be sticking with Toyota or Honda in the future, far better experience all around.

Good luck with the reel mate :)

A guy in my local swears by BMW and he really bores the pants off everyone bragging about how superior they are over other brands...A bit like me with my Preston rods :D :D :D

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

I apologise to anyone I have offended by my comments about DC tackle. I have no problems with what tackle folk buy and my comments are not meant to be taken personal, it's just standing joke with some of the guys on here :)