Commercial blanks

Andy M

Reaction score
I have never fished or even visited a UK "commercial" fishery as I don't live in the UK and have not done so for a long time. However, I am a proud member of FM and read some of the angling press when I get a chance. Based on this I have developed a pretty negative view of them - shooting duck is a barrel, sort of thing - hence my question.

Given, hook, line, sinker, and bait, is it possible to blank on a commercial?

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Yes, I have done on a winters day in a low stocked lake, not the chocker block full ones, I very rarely fish those.

Andy M

Reaction score
Just re-read my post. When is said "them" I meant the commercials not FM and the anging press. Clearly Mithrandir was not confused but others might.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Andy,

Rather similarly to you I have lived outside of the UK for many years, so when I returned about 4 years ago I was amazed at some of the 'commercial' fisheries that had sprung-up in the 25 or so years that I had been away.

That said, there are commercial fisheries and 'commercial' fisheries ranging from the muddy holes-in-the-ground stuffed full of immature Carp (with vegetation void banks) and very well managed fisheries on mature lakes/gravel pits that are simply commercial venues rather than 'come and fill your nets noddy's venues'

Andy M

Reaction score
Certainly like the sound of the latter Peter and I suppose the others provide for a certain branch of the sport where a bite a chuck is paramount.