In a Spin, Part 5

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Interesting read as usual,i am really enjoying these lure articles jeff.
I have a question...are the smaller jerkbaits or any sized jerk baits,best fished with a solid trace (like you mentioned) and a stiff lure rod???
I have two of the smaller fox ones...micro gremlin & micro jointed dolpin.I tried the micro gremlin on my 7ft jigmaster rod,braid and a flexible trace but felt i couldn`t impart the right action into the lure.
Needless to say i haven`t caught anything with them and they are laying dormant in my lure bag.

W

Wolfman Woody

Sorry Nick, I've not been paying a great deal of attention to fishing of late, personal reasons mainly.

Yes, they are better fished with a stiff trace, but for the micro jerks Fox do some shorter stiff traces, they are the Micro Jerk Traces. Five in a packet for £3.99 I think.

For Miniscules, that's a problem. Maybe make your own up and stiffen them with some super glue or something.

I thought I'd post this picture I just found of another taken on a rubber lure - /members/images/6812/Gallery/Another_Storm%28ing%29_catch_2.JPG

I'm fully convinced that Storm shads and stuff have a definite place in the lure bbox now.