Local knowledge help!

shooting head

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I joined this forum in November and have been sifting through the posts when time allows.
Living on the south side of Brum I used to fish the local canals as a way of getting away from the ROVERS RETURN and the other soap pubs on a warm summer evening after work.
Having not fished for a good few years I am very out of touch with venues to fish.
I used to be a member of the BAA (Birmingham Anglers Association) so I went on the net, found their web site and had a look to see what waters they still had. To my horror I could not find any stretch of the Stratford Canal listed as their waters. As I was thinking of rejoining the club I used their CONTACT US facility to ask the question. Did I receive a reply NO, that was four weeks ago! even I don't type that slowly.
So if there is any local knowledge on here it would be much appreciated.

My question is; does anybody know who now has the fishing rights for this canal from Kings Norton to Stratford or has the boat traffic ruined it completely?

Neil

shooting head

Reaction score
Hi Karl,
Thanks for info, I will give them a try and see what they come up with.
Looking at the waters they list as theirs, I'm afraid most of it is water open to the headless chickens hell bent on causing trouble (if you know what I mean) not the sort of venue to take a youngster just starting out on the fishing trail.

Neil

B

Berty

Hi Guys,
I joined this forum in November and have been sifting through the posts when time allows.
Living on the south side of Brum I used to fish the local canals as a way of getting away from the ROVERS RETURN and the other soap pubs on a warm summer evening after work.
Having not fished for a good few years I am very out of touch with venues to fish.
I used to be a member of the BAA (Birmingham Anglers Association) so I went on the net, found their web site and had a look to see what waters they still had. To my horror I could not find any stretch of the Stratford Canal listed as their waters. As I was thinking of rejoining the club I used their CONTACT US facility to ask the question. Did I receive a reply NO, that was four weeks ago! even I don't type that slowly.
So if there is any local knowledge on here it would be much appreciated.

My question is; does anybody know who now has the fishing rights for this canal from Kings Norton to Stratford or has the boat traffic ruined it completely?

Neil

The BAA needs taking apart at the seams and restiching!!!.....