'ooks

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a post Christmas clear out at home and have just discovered a stash of 60 packets of hooks which I had forgotten I've got, that's around £150 worth of impulse/guilt purchases I've made in tackle shops.

To make things worse these were in a draw in the office, not even in my tackle room, God only knows what's in there.

What gear have you got kicking around that you have bought as icebreakers?

More to the point, how long will it be before I actually have to buy another hook?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I'll not need to by any hook for a good few months, but it is something I do when I go in a tackle shop and they don't have what I want.

I'll buy a couple of packets of hooks or maybe a couple of floats or feeders.

I'm not sure why I do this, I wouldn't go in to a clothes shop and buy a pair of socks if they didn't have the jacket in I wanted!

jasonbean1

Reaction score
on the desk in my office as i write

9 packs of hooks
2 prestom magnetic hook boxes
new spare spool for drennan reel
drennan quick beads
bulk spool daiwa infinity line
2 fox micron es alarms
2 bread punches
1 maver super connectors
1 drennan black cap
1 seymo weed cutter
4 drennan avons
1 middy barbel trotter float
1 dreenan puddle chucker float
2 spools superflex 6lb
1 korum reel line 8lb

:eek:mg:...most of it as been sat there over 2 years!

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've just found another twenty packets in an envelope in the bottom draw of the filing cabinet. The price tickets on these are from a general store called paint and tool which had a tackle and gun department and closed six or seven years ago, I actually remember buying these half price in the closing down sale.

I've also found a full set of barbel fisher mags from number one to about five years ago and a program from the tenth anniversary barbel society conference signed by Peter Wheat and Matt Hayes. Any offers?

Last edited:

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Somebody is trying to sell a set of BF from number 1 to 30ish for £135 in tatty binders, he's put them on ebay at least 5 times without takers.

I know somebody (not me) who wants 1-3 but will take the lot of them, how much do you want, bear in mind almost all from 4 to 33 mint are avaiable at £2.50 plus post.

Last edited:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tbh Fred I'm not that bothered about selling them, there are some good articles in the early ones and for that sort of money it's worth hanging on to them for a reference.
Let them stay in the bottom of the filing cabinet, the weight will stop it falling over and my Mrs can get rid of them when I'm gone.

Judas Priest

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a post Christmas clear out at home and have just discovered a stash of 60 packets of hooks which I had forgotten I've got, that's around £150 worth of impulse/guilt purchases I've made in tackle shops.

To make things worse these were in a draw in the office, not even in my tackle room, God only knows what's in there.

What gear have you got kicking around that you have bought as icebreakers?

More to the point, how long will it be before I actually have to buy another hook?

WE should have plenty to last US there mate !!!!!!!!

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Given that neither of us have hardly wet a line this year mate they could see us both out.

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

Ah, skip fodder!

I highly doubt it Fred. My Mrs is far to savy for that, she always says that when I die the funeral will be at 11 am and the auction starts at 2pm.

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Can I place a pre auction bid now then. £30 for that bit of cane you've got lying around and £10 for the Chimeras ?

A

alan whittington

on the desk in my office as i write

9 packs of hooks
2 prestom magnetic hook boxes
new spare spool for drennan reel
drennan quick beads
bulk spool daiwa infinity line
2 fox micron es alarms
2 bread punches
1 maver super connectors
1 drennan black cap
1 seymo weed cutter
4 drennan avons
1 middy barbel trotter float
1 dreenan puddle chucker float
2 spools superflex 6lb
1 korum reel line 8lb

:eek:mg:...most of it as been sat there over 2 years!

Is your desk beside the river Jason?