fishing around the yeovil area?

stuart mitchell

Reaction score
hi guys,looks like i'm off to work at westland helicopters in yeovil,can anyone give me the heads up on local'ish rivers where i can get a bit sport before the season ends....cheers.

aebitim

Reaction score
Fairly handy for the stour, several half season tickets available, then the Tone, the axe and the Brue. Taunton angling assosiation has some good water. How far do you want to travel?

graham472

Reaction score
As this is on the Barbel forum i assume its Barbel fishing wanted near to Yeovil.Bit of a Barbel wilderness i would have thought but someone may know something different.

aebitim

Reaction score
Didnt realise it was barbel, a subject close to my heart. 2hrs to the Wye or Severn, 1 hr to Throop or Royalty, and 1 hr to the Culm or Exe.

carl allman

Reaction score
The River Brue around Glastonbury can be fished on a day ticket, no Barbel but plenty of Chub, Roach, Pike. Check out the website for Glaston Manor Angling.

nedediah

Reaction score
This time of year (and flood conditions allowing) the rivers on the Somerset levels can provide some fine pike fishing. Glaston Manor waters are good for chub as well. For barbel, Dorset is your nearest bet. The river Yeo that flows through Ilchester is very near Yeovil, although I have never fished it so can't comment. The local clubs also have a few stillwaters.