pond in salford

stewrigs

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there's any fish in the pond where cusson's factory used to be in kersal salford?

bigfish74

Reaction score
Iv heard there is bit you may need to be lime a mountain goat to cli.b over the rubble

Andy

stewrigs

Reaction score
Yea climbed up today looks fishy but trying to find more info b4 trying the place

bigfish74

Reaction score
Sorry i could nt have been more help but why not try the river over the road has been stocked with small barbel and its full of fish

Andy

stewrigs

Reaction score
Yea I do fish the irwel , to b honest I spend a lot of time match fishing but recently I've been fancing doing what I did as a kid finding waters n fishing em . Thanks anyway do u know what drinkwater park fishes like nowa days not fished it since I was a kid

bigfish74

Reaction score
Salford frei dly anglers have drinmys nkw all cleaned out and stocked a few months ago worth joining actually thinking about taking them up on the invite to fish the mat hes never done none before so worth a go oh and its free to join check out the website
Im just presuming here but if yoir from the area do you fish the marina at clifton and if you know how things are of laye on there not been on for years and tbere is always the ki gfisher lodge over on the 1 arches

Andy

Last edited:

stewrigs

Reaction score
Yea I've just joined salford friendly anglers free aswel gotta b worth it, have u fished this island pond I've fished all the others never even seen that one thou. Yup I fish the marina only for bream and tench though anywhere round this island 3quarters of the way across for nice bream I've had them to 11lb 4oz I've had tench to 7 although my dad had a 10lb tench few years ago carp go to 40 odd pound too. The only prob is the carpers there uncooperative n think they own the place so if your after carp I wouldn't waste my time asking them. Its available on a day ticket or a season ticket well worth the money.

karl tucker

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there's any fish in the pond where cusson's factory used to be in kersal salford?

i do believe it was netted and it is being filled in ,read it on salford anglers on facebook.hope this helps,also they have stocked loads of crucians in drinkwater park lake and over 5,000 skimmer bream to 12oz and 1000 small tench in the old river.

Last edited:

bigfish74

Reaction score
I used to love the tench fishing on the marina quality fish
As for the old river its hreat to see fish being stocked after what happened with the pollution

Dont know the island though

Andy

stewrigs

Reaction score
Yea the tench fishings just as good on the marina , if you like tench fishing I'd recommend black leach in walkden there all big in there the method over bed of bait works well or just standard feeder, yea am gonna try drinkies asap firstly am breaking the ice on the dam today.

---------- Post added at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 ----------

The marina is still excellent for tench an nobody fishes it, also I'd recommend black leach in walkden the tench are all of a good stamp 5lb upwards fish the method over a bed of bait or just standard feeder over a bed of bait