Crayfish

J K

Reaction score
They're certainly in the Trent so I suspect its tributaries will have them.

MJ

Reaction score
What kind of crayfish?

Do you mean our native (and protected) White Clawed Crayfish, or the bad guys (American Signal Crayfish?)

Iain Riley

Reaction score
and in the Stour and the Avon but if your thinking of traping them then you neen EA regulateg traps and a licence.Holes have to be the right size and otter proof. if that helps at all

Iain Riley

Reaction score
plus i forgot there are 3 kinds there's our white whitch ar protected then there's the Aisan and the red signle but you will need specile disspensation fron the EA

Keith M

Reaction score
We have the horrible Turkish Crays with their long pointed claws in our lake. a couple of times when I was swinging inmy end tackle I was just about to grab what I thought was a bit of water lilly when I saw just in time in the moonlight it was a big turkish cray.

Iain Riley

Reaction score
there's not a lot you can say to that/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gifsept .Yes

F

Fred Bonney

I've not seen any up here yet.

Very tasty, the signal.

If you catch one, or more,you are not allowed to return it / them.

Take it(them) home stick them in a big saucepan of slightly salted dill flavoured boiling water and serve them up with some mayonaise and rocket in a sandwich./forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Take the crunchie bit off first!!!