Mark Everard

Tim -

Reaction score
I just watched the free dvd that was in the anglersmail this week, and as i was watching it i thought it was the bristol avon, but at the end it says he was fishing a wessex river. It was far to narrow for the avon or stour, does anyone know what it was?

It's a good clip with him catching roach and chub by trotting bread.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Got a very good idea where it was mate /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif but I doubt you and me will ever get on it!

I can touch the far bank with a 13 ft rod on the upper Bristol Avon!

Far too narrow?

Steve Lockett

Reaction score
No chance of fishing there even if I told you, sorry. The controlling body certainly don't want people to know where it is, which is why I put Wessex river on the clip.

How about getting out and finding your own little stretch of river that no one else knows about? Pioneering angling, could it get any better?

Tim -

Reaction score
I didn't want to know where is was so i could fish it, i was just wandering what river it was because i thought it didn't look like one of the "wessex rivers". sorry for the misunderstanding.

Living by the midle avon ( hampshire) there is miles of river that is lightly fished, which i fish on, so there's plenty of "pioneering fishing" for me./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

thanks. Tim

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Steve,

I thought your pole fishing clip by far the best. Unimpressed with the 'Roach doctor' I'm afraid. Enjoyed the barbel fishing though.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Sorry Steve, birthday beer talk last night!

I wouldn't name it on an open forum, I've learnt the hard way with photo's! I think it is in peoples nature to wonder where it is though, I'm sure that wasn't Tims intention.

Steve Lockett

Reaction score
Tim, I won't name the river just in case a handful of less than polite anglers start tramping all over the whole length looking for it. Sorry.

Hope you had a few too many Steve, happy birthday (if it was yours!).

Mark, many thanks for that, glad you enjoyed my bit. The whole disc is the start of a process that should expand and improve as we move on...

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Steve

I was alluding to the areas where you could touch the other side with your 13' rod. Dr Roach's secret is safe methinks /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I watched the dvd as well...particulary liked the piece on winter fishing with a pin on the river ... ididn`t know dave lee travis was into fishing /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

All jokes aside...very entertaining and informative and nice to see a piece by the ACA as well.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
well ,this will come as no surprize to Mr lockett but I've watched mine ,and if it wasn't free ,I'd still buy it just for the Dr mark everard section ,brillant the star of the dvd . the other section was ok ,not sure about the dodgy geezer fishing for crucians though /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif , bet you get sick of seeing me .but i do put it about a bit ! (on the net/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif ) I'm not a crazed stalker just use a lot of sites,Honest
roll.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Just a point but for someone keen to preserve the location of his fishing, he sure gets in the angling media a lot!