Anyone fishing this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Just off to the tackle shop to get some Hotties.
Booked in for the Open @ Willows Sunday. (winner copped £170 last sunday). Being so cold, and the venue a 27 acre pit it could be anyones...
6 hours of shivering waiting for the tip to move...
Anyone else out?

Last edited:

terry m

Reaction score
Had a decent few hours this afternoon, can't go over the weekend because of rugby and family commitments, but the brisk easterly wind means I am not going to miss it too much !!

broomy

Reaction score
River tees Gainford or Piercebridge, river now running clear and almost at a normal winter level. Was out last Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday. Caught some grayling but like all the other anglers I met struggling to catch in any numbers. Fish seem to come on after 14.00hrs.

B

binka

Looking to get back on the Trent on Sunday, might be a grueller with snow forecast so gonna go with bradflake and hope there's a few hardy chub around that have built up a good appetite fighting all those floods.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Booked in for the Open @ Willows Sunday. (winner copped £170 last sunday). Being so cold, and the venue a 27 acre pit it could be anyones...
Anyone else out?

The last time I saw that pit was in the drought summer of 2006 - all of one acre of it:eek:- hope they remembered to relocate the fish they took out;)
Jerry
PS All the best Simon.

C

chefster

Going to FIR TREE FARM to try and catch some big perch,hopefully,cheers Chefster

jasonbean1

Reaction score
thames at donnington for a club match on sunday...pray for a bite i reckon

the dace

Reaction score
Anyone else out?

What's the water level like down at Willows now mate? I went a few months back (June i think) and the big pit and farm lake had merged into one super lake....still decent fishing though.

Have a good one!

peter crabtree

Reaction score
Dace, The levels dropped back and the causeway between Farm lake and the match lake is there again. That end of the matchlake was unfishable last Sunday so the Open was on the near end, which didn't fish as well as the top usually does. Hopefully we will be up the top end tomorrow.

Good luck at Donny Jason....

xenon

Reaction score
somewhere called Munden Farm-tiny little place between Radlett and Bricket Wood-very small stream you can jump across in most places, but holds some good chub.

peter crabtree

Reaction score
I was a member of Otterspool up until 2 years ago. I know exactly where you mean. Good luck, should be sock on colour and flow wise...

GT56

Reaction score
Fished an old gravel pit to day and just thankful I went, with the weather forecast being so poor I was really in a quandary.
Following an ever increasing full week of **** at work I needed to take to calm the soul.
Managed around a dozen small Roach and enjoyed a Robins company and already look forward to next week.

the dace

Reaction score
Dace, The levels dropped back and the causeway between Farm lake and the match lake is there again. That end of the matchlake was unfishable last Sunday so the Open was on the near end, which didn't fish as well as the top usually does. Hopefully we will be up the top end tomorrow.

Good luck at Donny Jason....

Good to hear that the causeway has reappeared. Looking forward to getting back down there myself soon. It's certainly a decent day out.

All the best of luck tomorrow Peter! Bring home the prize pal!!