Who Invented the spod

Reaction score
Don`t know who " invented " the spod but we where useing home made ones back in the 80`s made out of plastic bottles , could`nt get the distance of the modern ones today becouse ours where bigger and a lot lighter .

I would`nt say its the same as a swimfeeder , the swimfeeder will take your bait down to the bottom and spread your feed over a very small area ( on a lake ) were as a spod will spread your feed from the top layer of the water and depending on the weight of your feed , depth of water , could spread from 2 feet - 10 feet or more .

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Jim Gibbinson wrote an article about making one from a washing up liquid bottle, casting it with a beachcaster and called it (the spod) a 'doppleganger'.

In the 80s or summink.

C

Cakey

those were the days Les................washing my hair every 5 mins just to get the shampoo bottle.........................

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

I remember an article in one of the angling times' about making a "doppleganger" for Eel fishing. I made mine from a piece of waste pipe with a polystyrene ceiling tile cut and glued into the end. Big heavy thing it was but I could get it to the other side of the canal easily loaded with 60p worth of maggots (a whole pint)

ANDY SKI

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>CAKEY ........ wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>mr s.pod invented it............</blockquote>

mr s.pod invented pod

Nathan

Reaction score
Actually I invented the spod via the use of my time machine* - so nurh!!

*Which i also invented