Reel storage?

Martin Salisbury

Reaction score
Got my gear neatly stored away:

Rods clipped to walls, banksticks in short sections of drainpipe, shelving for tackle boxes/weights etc, bait in sealed tubs.

I've got a number of reels and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas how to store them?

I've some reels on the rods clipped up and a few in reel pouches but want them so I can see them and select one easily rather than unzipping a load of reel pouches to find the one I want.

I've also loads of extra spools. Again most are in tubs but any great ideas on how to store/access best?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I use one of those plastic sets of drawers, 4 to a unit.

I keep similar sized reels with their respective spare spools in different drawers, so 2500's go with their spare spools, 3000's with theirs and so on.

That way they are sort of visible but it keeps the dust out as well.

B

binka

want them so I can see them and select one easily rather than unzipping a load of reel pouches to find the one I want.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Not sure what sort of set up you've got but I wanted a similar thing and ended up with this

IMG00733-20121123-1303_zpsb635db52.jpg

Rods, reels, nets and everything else to view so I can literally go round and cherry pick the specifics I want for a session without dragging loads of gear around.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Martin,

Not sure what sort of set up you've got but I wanted a similar thing and ended up with this

IMG00733-20121123-1303_zpsb635db52.jpg

Rods, reels, nets and everything else to view so I can literally go round and cherry pick the specifics I want for a session without dragging loads of gear around.

Well bink, you really are a full blown tackle tart, aren't you :D :D :D

B

binka

Hi Mark,

:D That's nothing... it's a six sided shed and you aint seen the rest yet!

:eek::eek::eek:

IMG00675-20121003-0915_zpsb9acdf9e.jpg

IMG00739-20121123-1304_zps5bb7a3d8.jpg

IMG00740-20121123-1304_zps535baa04.jpg

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Got my gear neatly stored away:

Rods clipped to walls, banksticks in short sections of drainpipe, shelving for tackle boxes/weights etc, bait in sealed tubs.

I've got a number of reels and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas how to store them?

I've some reels on the rods clipped up and a few in reel pouches but want them so I can see them and select one easily rather than unzipping a load of reel pouches to find the one I want.

I've also loads of extra spools. Again most are in tubs but any great ideas on how to store/access best?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Martin,

I have just bought a load of Daiwa reel cases, I had the D shaped but opted for these as they are box shaped and in IMO offer more protection, they also have mesh sides which help the reels to dry of after a session, they also look neater than the D shaped ones.
To aid identification of my reels I have bought some suitcase tags and fastened them to the zip pull. Simples! ;)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Mark,

:D That's nothing... it's a six sided shed and you aint seen the rest yet!

:eek::eek::eek:

IMG00675-20121003-0915_zpsb9acdf9e.jpg

IMG00739-20121123-1304_zps5bb7a3d8.jpg

IMG00740-20121123-1304_zps535baa04.jpg

I hope you have good Insurance mate? After all you do live in Mansfield :D :D
I live in Pilsley by the way and have to be careful as we are very close to Tibshelf, they love having a peep inside other peoples sheds down that way :)

B

binka

Good insurance mate, been here twenty years now and never had a sniff of a problem, the shed is behind six foot automated gates across the drive and the place is alarmed to the hilt with three killer cats roaming the grounds :)

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Binka

I love your layout and would like to do the same, unfortunately I only have a standard sized garage and have too much stuff (over 20 rods, almost as many reels etc).

dangermouse

Reaction score
Good insurance mate, been here twenty years now and never had a sniff of a problem, the shed is behind six foot automated gates across the drive and the place is alarmed to the hilt with three killer cats roaming the grounds :)

Careful with that kind of comment . . . you`ll end up with Mark the Spark camping in your garden. ;) :D

Martin Salisbury

Reaction score
Binka, I was really proud of my efforts until I saw your pics!

What have you used to hang the reels? Look like the hooks you can get to hang gardening trowels etc?

What about things for hanging your rig bins and bait boxes?

Think a quick trip to bnq will reveal something appropriate.

B

binka

You're about right with B&Q, the reel hangers are self tapping small L hooks and the rig bins, tackle box etc just sit on top of two aluminium L brackets spaced accordingly.

It was just a case of cobbling together with L brackets, self tapping hooks and L hooks but does the job well and pretty pleased with the end result :)

B

Berty

I was going to photograph mine but the ****ing rats were having a party,

B

binka

Careful with that kind of comment . . . you`ll end up with Mark the Spark camping in your garden. ;) :D

:D I was late twigging on what you meant there and the penny's just dropped... nice one!

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Binka

I love your layout and would like to do the same, unfortunately I only have a standard sized garage and have too much stuff (over 20 rods, almost as many reels etc).

That's an easy one mate, just boot the missus out and convert the house instead ;) :w

bigfish74

Reaction score
Iv seen tackle shops that aint that organised far to fussy set up for me lol you aint gonna lose/forget things lime i do though and besides i cant move for all the drill presses and the lime in my garage

Andy