Bid for a day with Steve Spiller

C

Cakey

Steve says...."

Cakey, seeing as it's for charity I can guest two people on the river Kennet near Reading.

I'm no expert on it and as of yet I've only fished it twice with Graham Elliot, but I know a lot of people will never get the chance to fish the Kennet, so here's their chance.

I don't know what response it will get and I can't offer the same knowledge as Graham, but if it raises a few quid for the charity that will be a bonus.

Ideally it would be a mid-week day late Autmn when the river is carrying a bit of water and has some colour. I will also need to book it in advance in order to purchase the guests day tickets."

to run for 7 days

All monies from auction to go to Norwich & District Diabetes UK Youth Group

Paul C

Reaction score
Go on then..........£10 (plus some Fan Footy tips....../forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Cheers Paul /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Barbel, carp, chub, roach, perch etc, all to specimen size.

I fished it twice and fell in love with the river, it really is awesome!

The day is for one or two people and I will try to pass on all of the advice Graham gave to us.

Like I said, I'm no expert on the Kennet, but it is a very worthy charity and any money raised will be fantastic.

Happy bidding.......

G

Graham Elliott 3

Steve, away from Home so can't access messages. Back home Monday so will see what you have sent.

Great idea. But I would have bid on a Bristol Avon day with you and Bro.!!!

Graham

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I'll bid on a day with Scrumpiess whilst Steves on the Kennet /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I'll start a bid for the second place then....£10

This will be fun- good luck Cakey /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"Good luck Cakey"...............What about me?

Mark You're murder! I would have assumed the overall cost of a day for two would be split down the middle? Just to make it fair?

Look forward to hearing from you Graham, I couldn't charge you for a day with me and Jeff after the generosity you showed the both of us /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Brummie, what was that film?...........start the bidding at £1,000,000 /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Cheers Grumpy.

C

Cakey

awe bless ...lots of love and kisses on this thread

Steve I will leave it up to you just tell me who and how much at the end so I can send the heavies around !

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
How big are your heavies Cakey?.............

Have you met Mark yet? /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Steve.........if i bid that much it wouldn't matter, what is it she calls you.......Slush? or some West country term/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

She only has eyes for you mate.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Am I still winning the second spot ? <blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

"Good luck Cakey"...............What about me?

Mark You're murder! I would have assumed the overall cost of a day for two would be split down the middle? Just to make it fair?

Look forward to hearing from you Graham, I couldn't charge you for a day with me and Jeff after the generosity you showed the both of us /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Brummie, what was that film?...........start the bidding at £1,000,000 /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Cheers Grumpy.</blockquote>

When you say split the cost down the middle, should'nt you ask Grumpy first if he minds chucking in £5 towards my day out?

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Paul C

Reaction score
Fraid not Mark. I bid £10 already!

I'll make it £15.00 to seperate us............/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I'm confused /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

I suppose it will have to be the two highest bidders?