seriously doubting my sanity...

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
It's snowing, it's bitterly cold, but I am fishing today.
8 brave souls have turned up at Willows lakes St Albans for todays open match. The rings on my tip rod are locked up frozen, no one has had a bite yet. I'll report back later if anything happens...

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's snowing, it's bitterly cold, but I am fishing today.
8 brave souls have turned up at Willows lakes St Albans for todays open match. The rings on my tip rod are locked up frozen, no one has had a bite yet. I'll report back later if anything happens...

But you are fishing and I hope you enjoy it even if you do not catch up till I was 60 Iwould fish in any weather and have some very fond memories of doing so .

Phil Adams

Reaction score
Snowing quite hard now in Luton, ontop of all the snow thats already here.

Hows the match going?

nicepix

Reaction score
I once fished a small club competition in weather like this. Except it was also foggy. When I cast my ledger out I heard it bounce and skate across ice I couldn't see. Turns out there was only about 20 feet of water then it was totally iced over. In four hours the eight of us only had one bite. Fortunately I connected and won the match and biggest fish prize with a 4oz perch.

Then we retired to a nearby pub and we all drunk my winnings. :D

barbelboi

Reaction score
You take care young Simon, I take it you had it easy and didn't have to break the lid on the water before fishing;)
Jerry

Bluenose

Reaction score
Great effort mate, one bite and the match is yours. I go out for a few hours yesteray afternoon, same again later.

Great being out in this weather!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
No chance Chub, too risky. I made sure I wasn't the last to leave in case I got stuck in the snow. It's a mile of track across farmland to get onto the main road. Got stuck outside my house when I got home...
Anyway I came third with my roach but he only paid out 1st and 2nd. Bit stingy when the pools were £15 each.
8 fished.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No chance Chub, too risky. I made sure I wasn't the last to leave in case I got stuck in the snow. It's a mile of track across farmland to get onto the main road. Got stuck outside my house when I got home...
Anyway I came third with my roach but he only paid out 1st and 2nd. Bit stingy when the pools were £15 each.
8 fished.

Ireckon you should have all been paid out just for turning up well done.

terry m

Reaction score
I pitched up to a large windswept pit this morning for a few hours deadbaiting. One landed and one lost. Was also questioning my sanity as the bitter north easterly blew straight in to my face, it felt like it was cutting me in half!