ever been had by crap T/shops

mike reffold

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying a power barrow, so I had a look on the web and I found a carporter or so I thought at chapmansangling.com.uk at there new shop in hull and also at scunthorpe for wait for it £139.99+vat so I travelled to the hull store all excited I asked an assistant to show it to me, he looked at me with wide eyes and said we dont sell power barrows so I told him its on your website, he got out a catalog and said we only sell wats in here and sureinough tere was the same picture of a power barrow well you should have seen his face, he said he will have to see his boss, when he came back he said there has been cock up with the advert , well I said it was very missleading lookilie I have only traveled 40 miles but i pointed out there website is worldwide and somthing about it but its stll on the net , have a look.

F

Frothey

didn't think to phone first? even if they did stock them, they could've sold a couple that day....

mind you, cant be that many people that would buy an overpriced wheelbarrow /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

you must of realised something was wrong...the powered one is £500+

they have used the wrong picture

Paul C

Reaction score
£500 for a bloody wheel barrow?? What the hell is going on? What has fishing descended to when you need a £500 quid powered wheel barrow because you've too much gear to just carry it. Mad or what??

Getting excited over a new rod or reel I can understand, but overwheel barrow, jesus I'd be ringing the men in white coats to come and put me down!

mike reffold

Reaction score
maybe thay did use the wrong picture but isnt that illegal ,trading standards and all? and if thay had would you not think to correct it .no paul you missed the point i wasnt going to pay £500 and im not mad, old yes nearly 70 you might need some help when you reach my age .

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Mike

I see where you are coming from - might have been a bit of bait to get people in to the shop.

I once saw a 6 month old car advertised for £2000, when I phoned up the dealer and asked I was told it was a misprint and the price was £12,000.

The dealer wanted me to come and view the carsaying it was a good price at have £12,000. I didn't bother /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

it used to be law where if something was wrongly priced you could demand it at that price ....................................

F

Frothey

the law is that whilst they cant charge you more than the price shown, they dont have to sell it to you.....

i presume there is an "O&OE Excepted" on the site, after all, they didn't advertise the power porter, they used the image (in error)

Paul C

Reaction score
Mike, I realise you were not spending £500 for it. I was questioning the wisdom of those that clearly do.

Age and fitnessmay well be a good reason to enlist some help, but I can honestly say the vast majority of carp anglers I have seen are at the younger end.

WhenI reach that stage, I'll just take less gear, fishdifferent styles and save me doing my back in just loading it ontoand off the thing (don't tell me.............for another £200 you can by the add on robotic arm that loads the gear into your car via remote control?)

The Monk

Reaction score
I have only traveled 40 miles but i pointed out there website is worldwide and somthing about it but its stll on the net , have a look.

thanks for that mate, I was just going to travel from southern new zealand for one/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Come off it Monk, if you left these shores there's no way you'd be let back in.

Mike, i'm quite local to the area, i'm afraid there's notbeen an'overwhelming' vote of confidence in the new Hull store,

mike reffold

Reaction score
merv you are so wright its massive but empty of most essentials and very expensive.

mike reffold

Reaction score
S/M

it took 3 weeks to send 2 rods from scunthorpe store better give them a ring i had to thay said thay had forgot to send them

Foxy

Reaction score
ring first.........

p**s

Poor

Planning

Prevents

P**s

Poor

performance

Foxy

Reaction score