Rod Ring Question

terry m

Reaction score
The inner liner of one of the 50mm butt rings on my Century NG's popped out today as I was taking the holdall out of the car. Neither metal ring nor liner appeared damaged in their own right.

The liner was an extremely tight fit in the ring, but I squeezed it back in squarely with some pliers with non aggressive jaws. The liner appears to be tight and hopefully OK, but was wondering if anyone knew how these things are manufactured, and if anyone had undertaken a similar repair previously? If yes, did it work long term?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Terry,
a mate had a butt ring liner pop out of the frame over ten years ago. As far as I'm aware, he popped it back in and has been using the rod ever since without it popping back out again.

I suspect that I'd want a dab or two of superglue between liner and frame if it were my rod though.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Give it a light touch of the superglue brush and forget it.

garethdwatkins

Reaction score
I had this happen on a Hutchy carp rod years ago... basically did what has been advised pushed the inner back into the ring and wiped a small amount of Araldite around the outside with a cocktail stick.
The rod was fine for years after that.
cheers
Gareth

mick b

Reaction score
If you do a search on the Japanese Fuji company website you will find what your looking for.
Mostly Japanese except for a few bits, but easy enough to follow.

I've done the Araldite repair several times and found it outlives the ring on most occasions.