Snoods

terry m

Reaction score
It was brass monkeys out there today, I was warm pretty much all over because I was wearing the right kit, but my lower face was almost burning with the sharp winds. i wondered, does anyone use a snood or similar, do they work and where did you buy it?

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Yes they work, most outdoor shops or sports shops sell them but, try to get a decent fleece type as they will be a lot warmer, alternatively you could try a Balaclava,t hey roll up to a just a hat until you need them.

B

binka

They definitely work Terry, especially with a scalfe over the top.

I wanted a wooley knitted one instead of fleece and found one on Fleabay for around nine quid, it's quite big and gives you the option of doubling over your head and pulling up tight enough to be able to cover your lower face with one loop whilst the other sits nicely over your chest, or just throw it over your head once and tuck in the excess to use similar to a scalfe but without the hassle of loose ends flopping out when you don't want 'em to.

Funnily enough I brought mine a few weeks ago after sitting head on to a biting wind... would this be as a result of your session today by any chance?

Either way yep, go for it... well worthwhile.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I use a Windstopper Buff does the job for me had it about four years now cost£25.

ravey

Reaction score
Another recommendation from me. If I did not have one, the motorcycle commute to/from work would be unbearable in this weather. I have two in case one goes missing.

laguna

Reaction score
Agreed they are very good, and if I might suggest getting one a little on the larger size so that it doesnt sit too tightly against your face. A loose garment of any kind that puts a blanket of air between you and the elements is far more effective at keeping the cold out.

terry m

Reaction score
Some great feedbacks guys thanks, I will make a point of getting one asap.

Binka yes, todays Siberian conditions were indeed the catalyst for this consideration. I think it is something to do will advancing years???