Hook sharpener at Lidl

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Just a tip-off for those who don;'t have one - a nice little diamond sharpener for £1.99. Be rude not to.
UK_73799_01_b.jpg

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I have one of those and it cost me about £6 some years ago of Ebay. Mine was made in the USA, but I do wonder at times. £1.99 has to be worth a punt. I use mine on lure hooks mostly, all other hooks it seems easier to just change them.

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Likewise on both counts, Jeff, though mine was from Screwfix for about the same money. Use it on some big singles, too.

waggler

Reaction score
Nice little find Mark, can you confirm that the lidl number does the trick just as adequately as the screwfix?

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
No, but at £1.99, I'd take a punt on it. My experience of Lidl stuff is that it's mostly OK. Not the lures, bait, or rods, natch....

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
This is exactly like mine Mark, same as the Lidl one, but all silver.
Diamond-Knife-Sharpener-small-9841.gif

I can tell you, they make 'diamonds sharpeners' sound like really expensive items, as if the diamonds were actually worth anything. I used to have a client in Crawley, Asahi Diamond, that made this stuff and the contact took me around part of the factory one day. He put a small pile of these diamonds in my hand and asked how much I thought they were worth. I hadn't a clue, but it turned out there was about £2 worth in my hand and it would have made about 50 of these sharpeners.

Last edited: