Best time for photographs

The Monk

Reaction score
sauv2.jpg

I hope Graham and Mark dont object to me using their phnotograph from their recent trip, I love the atmosphere here, it really speaks for itself, yes the nice weather is great but so is the adverse. Reading up on some of the old photographers,. The Good Bishop of Wakefiled Eric Treacy would only take pictures in the summer when the sun was out and many other famous phoitographers have also claimed to do this, yet I feel that soewm fantastic photographs can be taken in all the seasons and I do particulaly like winter shooting, the autumn colours, rain, sleet, snow of course, mist to thick fog, so many opportunities to capture the moment. Even in angling when photography is often a bi-product.

C

Colin North, the one and only

I wouldn't think so. I suspect that he make his living as a purveyor of second hand photographic equipment./forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

When he gets the Nikon D300 we will never hear the end of it.

Mind you it is the best camera I have ever owned.

Trouble is when Graville gets his hands on it, he takes all sorts of rude pictures.

/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
I like all the season's, new spring colour's to the darkest winter sky.

If people only take photo's in summer, there only getting part of the BIG picture.

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Evening light is nice,I think it's called the golden hour, when the sun is at a low enough angle and the light is sort of glowing.

Sunlight after a rainstorm works well, the contrast of trees greenery and dark grey hues of the sky provide a nice contrast. Winter can be very monotone, I prefer the warmth and vibrancy of Summer dawns and dusks.personal opinion mind.

Insert bouncy castle ---------->(here)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Often skies in this country are not very good and have a tendency to be flat and dull. Occasionally you get a good sky but not very often.
DSC_0564_edited-2.jpg

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

The above photo was done as a lesson to all aspiring photographers and is an exercise in the "rule of thirds".

Photo taken 1/500 sec at f8 using D300 with 10-20mm Sigma lens, camera set at 1000 ISO.

/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

One of the things you will learn about the D300 and it's CMSO sensor is the ability to take quality shots with the lack of noise at ISO settings up to 2000!!!

This is what makes the D300 so damn good. The sensor in these cameras is designed and built by Sony of Japan who also supply a similar sensor to Arri of Germany who manufacture movie cameras as are used by most of the top Hollywood studios.

Lots of Joe Soaps think that the number of megapixels is the thing with digital cameras. It's not! A 10 mp Nikon or Canon DSLR sensor will blow away a 14 mp sensor on the average compact.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

The Only photoshopping I did was an adjustment layer on the clouds which increased the contrast slightly. Other than that the photo is as it was.