Rod slings

sam vimes

Reaction score
Anyone else out there that has three piece rods that they struggle to find rod sleeves for? Take standard three piece float rods with you when barbelling, three piece barbel rods or three piece carp rods, if you are that way inclined. End up faffing around with sleeves that are too long or quivers that aren't really designed to take a three piece? Having to leave your reels off the rod in such circumstances? I certainly was. Finally found something that will do for three piece rods just as well as two piece and with reel protection thrown in.

SHPU05: ROD SLING

Mine arrived this morning, and they are spot on. They are available at much reduced prices if you care to look around. I'd guess that the carpy types aren't too interested.

Shimano Aero Quiver Adjustable Rod Sling | Ted Carter Fishing Tackle

Shimano Rod Sling Luggage | BobCo Fishing Tackle, Leeds Add "SNOW" in the coupon field on checkout.;)

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you have a sleeve that is to long and flaffing about put a good stiff garden bamboo in the spine slit the top insert the cane into the spine then sew it up with a length of braid I do this with all my sleeves. Especially handy with two top rod gives the other top support when in the sleeve on its own. Do the same with my quivers so that they stand on there own when empty.

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 ----------

I have one of the KORUM skeleton slings that came in the rover kit have no used it do not like it at all two many bits to it minimum protection for rods or reels. Very similar to the shimano.

sam vimes

Reaction score
The concept looks good Sam, what have you actually bought, is it all of that shown inthe Shimano photo?

Yes, all of the bits in the photo (x3) at £11.70 each. Each item comprises strap, tip/top protectors, sling strap, tubular supporting rod (which the adustable elastics run through and connect to the tip/top protectors) and the reel protection pouch. It all fits together so no more hunting for rod bands or tip protectors in the dark. Not exactly faff free but they still work for me.

If you have a sleeve that is to long and flaffing about put a good stiff garden bamboo in the spine slit the top insert the cane into the spine then sew it up with a length of braid I do this with all my sleeves. Especially handy with two top rod gives the other top support when in the sleeve on its own. Do the same with my quivers so that they stand on there own when empty.

If I did that I'd end up with a heap of broken bamboo and a pile of frayed material. My sewing skills aren't up to the job and I'm not going to butcher my gear.

I have one of the KORUM skeleton slings that came in the rover kit have no used it do not like it at all two many bits to it minimum protection for rods or reels. Very similar to the shimano.

I didn't for one moment think that they'd suit everyone. As far as I'm concerned, it's better protection than nothing. That's exactly what my three piece rods normally get when put in or on the side of a quiver (minus the reels).

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
i often use three piece rods and understand some of the quirks of using some quivers.
I have recantly obtained a "Dean Macey" quiver by Nash. I dont think they are available any more but could be wrong.
It has ultra long/wide outside base pockets that take rods with the reels still attached. They are a very robust piece of kit too.
All in all well worth the £12 that I paid for it.:)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a problem with my Korum 2 rod full protection quiver, in that it does not like me trying to squeeze my 3 section fox Duo-lite rods in to it...One day I am going to break something, I can see it coming :(