Favourite DVDs!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well we have favourite books, quotes etc but what about DVDs?
I myself don't buy many instructional DVDs as I find once I have watched them a couple of times they just get put away and never watched again well except for the Barbel days and ways, I just find them fascinating! My favourites though have to be passion for angling and Catching the impossible, both sets are just stunning and I never tire of them...I just like the sound of Bernard Cribbins' voice I guess :)

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kevin Nash free rig revolution a eye opener for young carp fishers the most informative DVD ever in my book .Dare I say as important and informative as Billy Lanes encyclopedia of Float Angling.

B

binka

I had to check where this was posted and as it's General Fishing so I shan't include the one where Debbie Does... ;)

Barbel Days & Ways for me, I must admit that Bob Roberts has come a long way from the DVD set I won at my local club AGM raffle the other week which was a compilation hosted by him and Matt Hayes from what looked like many years ago... I've had to throw 'em away because his voice came over as so robotic and creepy.

Particularly liked the out take where he got snapped by a narrowboat on the Trent and was literally hopping mad... more of that please :)

barbelboi

Reaction score
I only have two - Korda Underwater 1 & 3 that my son bought me some years ago when they first came out. Not watched them for ages. I do have all of PfA & Catching on the +box though.
Jerry
PS Mark I met Bernard, (along with Hugh Miles, MB & CY) at the Lands End Angling Pub, Nr Twyford, about 18 months ago -he comes over just the same as in Catching.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I only have two - Korda Underwater 1 & 3 that my son bought me some years ago when they first came out. Not watched them for ages. I do have all of PfA & Catching on the +box though.
Jerry
PS Mark I met Bernard, (along with Hugh Miles, MB & CY) at the Lands End Angling Pub, Nr Twyford, about 18 months ago -he comes over just the same as in Catching.

I would love to meet Bernard, I am a bit of an old sentimental at heart and love all the old actors and comedians from years gone by. I met Mr Yeats some years ago when he signed one of his Meddlar books for me and he came across as a really nice fella, Martin seems ok to.

David Dalton

Reaction score
Catching The Impossible. It's so classy and professional - not something I could say of every angling DVD I have ever watched.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Kevin Nash free rig revolution (evolution?) a eye opener for young carp fishers the most informative DVD ever in my book
And not so young carp fishers! Bearing in mind that most of it is an interview with KN with little action, it's absorbing.

My favourite is a vhs video, Big Fish Down Under, The Ribbons, Malcolm Flower.

First saw this at the CAA conference in about 1988 (Wembley). I think that it was Simpsons of Turnford who had a video going. Started watching just as an 800lb Marlin jumps onto a light(ish) trolling rod. During the next 30 mins, the usual leaping, chasing in the boat to avoid stripping all the line plus, the reel shatters, they cut the line, hand line it using the boat to avoid losing it, re-tie onto another rod and eventually get it alongside, breathtaking!!!! I was totally absorbed. When it was over I looked around and at least 50 carpers were as absorbed as I. Mentioned it to my missus, unbeknown to me she rang Simpsons, found out what it was and got me a copy for Christmas. In still get it out to watch occasionally.

No contest.

Stu