atmospheric pools

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Morning laydeez an' gennumen,

Anyone willing to offer a suggestion as to where I could dangle in quiet and tranquil surroundings, a place with trees and lilypads, maybe rhodedendrums and willows, the fish can be whatever size they are, tench or carp preferably, somewhere that can be fished on a dayticket or club ticket.

France or UK I don't mind.

C

Cakey

cheers Nobby .........got your PM

I do know of a estste lake that is all you want apart from quiet ..................its at Stanstead

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Ouch, my ears, close,so close./forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Keith M

Reaction score
I know of an estate lake that fits your description exactly and is surrounded by woodland on private land, its in the south of Hertfordshire and itsheaven just to be there, catching the Tench, Crucians & Carp is just a bonus....... However the waiting list is currently 3 years and you need to be invited by a current member. Oh. by the way its Haunted. (see Things That Go Bump in the Night).

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Yes Nathan, Bleheim is awe inspiring but no night fishing allowed, or is there???

Keith M, sounds great, any photos?No chance of getting in there then!

R

Roto Fryer

what about Bernithan pool. can book that/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Nathan

Reaction score
I'm not sure about night fishing. It wasn't on your original list of requirements but i'm sure if you can them you'll be able to find out.

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Bernithan Pool or Bernithan Court?/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

That's just too far in the future to make a booking worthwhile. Also, heretic that I am , it's become a circus, fully booked months in advance, I think the fish there should be given a decades rest. I want a nice quiet pool , fish size immaterial.I know such a place ,however it's days only-6.30 am until dusk and the fish know it.20 odd years ago a group of us used to fish a wildie pool on one of the Rothschilds estates near Wing ,Bucks, it was all reeds and fields,not trees and rhodies but nonetheless a place in harmony with itself.

Can't be doing with the 'circuit circus' all big pits and fast tapers on 2 to 3 acres.Nowt wrong with using the tackle you like butthat can be found almost anywhere. I did er, trespass on a couple of local estates in my childhood, again, no bigguns but just a pleasure to be at,albeit looking over our shoulders a lot.

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Nathan, the fishing at Blenheim is from punts only, I'm sure security reasons won't allow nights, such was the case at Steeple Claydon (minus the boats).

Nathan

Reaction score
This is the lake i took the girlfriend too...
Becks__Tench.jpg

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Perfect little tinca, I've caught even smaller and they just look like miniaturised adults.

You have mail with maybe some surprises./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif