Refilled with Enthusiasm!!

callaghan1993

Reaction score
I started pike fishing for the first time just before Christmas and am totally hooked after the monotony of carp fishing! ( Boilies, yawn, pva, yawn, camping out for 7 months, yawn ). Just looking for any advice out there about how to get going around the chesterfield area,:confused: but don't drive so knowledge from locals is most welcome!! :) tight lines to everyone :)

dangermouse

Reaction score
Welcome to FM.

Mark Brailsford will probably be able to give you some local advice.

B

binka

Welcome aboard, worthwhile spending a couple of hours in the Predator Forum for loads of good information and help.

Good luck.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The best advice I can give anyone going fishing for any species is pass your driving test, it will open a whole new world to you.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to FM mate,
Just ask, I don't bite! I know some good pike waters just out of town and you don't need a car!
If you ever want to meet up for a chat, I am allways in the market pub on Sunday nights from 6ish :)
Most of my fishing is now done around the Preston/Chorley area as that's where my other half lives.

Anyway, just ask if you want to know anything, I am really into my lure fishing especially on canals and small lakes.

Regards

Mark

callaghan1993

Reaction score
I was hoping you wouldn't mark!! Haha :). Glad to hear you have a bit of knowledge about round here as I don't have a clue! Think I'll have to take you up on that offer, small lakes and canals are exactly my cup of tea, especially fishing with lures! I'll call in within the next few weeks and rack your brains if that's okay? :)

Thanks again :)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
that's fine mate, whenever,
I will give you a start! Do you know where the Lido is at Wingerworth? Smithy pond if you like! Well mate, get yourself over there, its brimming with good Pike and you can buy a ticket on the bank. Just make sure that you have the proper tools, net and mat else you will be asked to leave. I have had a 17lber out of there, cracking little lake :)

callaghan1993

Reaction score
Excellent mark, thanks very much :) will go in a couple of weeks though because I'm assuming its solid!! And I'll dig out the carp net and mat, see if I can put them to good use again!!