Telescopic Rods

P

Paul Jones

Has anyone found an half decent telescopic rod that will deal with a bit of light holiday fishing? I don't fancy the broom handles I normaly see

A

Alan Roe

The shimano Catana telescopic match rod....available from WMAC

A

Andrew Thomas

What about the John Wilson telescopic avon/quiver ? I've thought about it, loads swear by the conventional version. Chapmans stock it for about ?80.

S

Steve King

I bought a Silstar "Taqtiq Tele Carp" a few years ago. I've used it for rock fishing in Crete and landed sea bream, wrasse etc. The rod has also been used for barbel back home with no problems. The blank is OK (it is labeled hi mod carbon) and the rings are Alumina, however I have had to glue a couple of the rings back on when they've come loose.

K

Kevan Farmer

I own a JW Avon tele and it is excellent. It is a lovely rod to use and belies the fact that it is a telescopic rod. I also agree with Alan about the Shimano Catana tele. I've tried one and I could not believe how good it felt. There are no flat spots. It feels like a normal 2 or 3 piece. If you want something with a bit more beef try the Keenents K Class. I have the 2.5lb tc version and again it just does not feel like a telescopic.

Kevan

L

Laurie Harper

Some great ones in the Argos catalogue. Bargain prices, too.