small square or rectangular groundbait bowls

brummiephil

Reaction score
any one know where i can get a small square or rectangular groundbait bowl

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Bait box?

Washing up bowls are also good.

Sandwich boxes and they tend to have rounded off corners inside.

As Peter has already said though, i would have thought that round would have been better.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Washing up bowls for me, stack inside each other and fit my box perfectly, and when packing box, can use bowls for baitboxes/reels/packets etc. One for g/bait, and one for rubbish, packets/line/old hooks etc

C

chefster

The only rectangle ones i,ve seen usually slide underneath a side tray,although my daiwa tourny box has one that slides under the frame,but as the others said youre better off using a round one and buying round riddles that fit ,Chefster

sam vimes

Reaction score
Drennan used to do a small(ish) simple square plastic bowl a few years back. I'm pretty sure that they don't do them any longer but they are just the kind of thing that turns up in a tackle shop rummage.

C

chefster

Washing up bowls, sandwich boxes????,hes goin match fishing not spending the day in the kitchen!!!!

Frank Elson

Reaction score
Washing up bowls, sandwich boxes????,hes goin match fishing not spending the day in the kitchen!!!!

How do you know? He doesn't say where he's going: "any one know where i can get a small square or rectangular groundbait bowl "

C

chefster

Quote.( How do you know,he doesnt say where hes going..by Frank Elson ) No he does,nt but as i know Phil is a club angler, reading between the lines,and this is a fishing forum ,i think its safe to assume he is going fishing All the best Chefster

Richox12

Reaction score

Round ones are better for mixing BUT square ones are much better for keeping on your side tray as they fit better and do not waste space. Most anglers now mix & riddle through round and then place some of that in a smaller square one to keep beside them on the side tray. So need both types.

bigfish74

Reaction score
I ise a cat litter tray unused of course it fits perfectly into the bottom of my bag and is big enough bit not to big

Andy

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I love the Greys new bait boxes, not round, not square, but sort of hexagon shaped! they are superb quality and you can buy them in different sizes and with ether flip top or standard lids, the flip tops being good to stop your maggots from vacating the premises :D :D

brummiephil

Reaction score
why square.....my side tray is square and so are my bait boxes makes sense to have a square groundbait bowl....

C

chefster

It does,nt really make any difference phil ,I use 2 side trays , or you could use one of the gb bowl attatchments to your box leg ,anyway hows the fishing goin mate Cheers Chefster

thx1138

Reaction score

Hi Phil,
I was tought (by an England international match angler) to always use a round mixing bowl. Good groundbait has a consistent texture. If your mixing bowl has corners, moisture gets trapped there and you will get lumpy bits in your mix. If you use a collapseable round mixing bowl, it takes up less space in your carryall.

Once you've mixed it, transfer it to a square / rectangle groundbait tray or bowl for comfort. I keep my mixed groundbait in an old plastic shakespeare seatbox side tray, or a big tupperware sandwich box, as these fit perfectly on my bait table.

Just remember you might need to "freshen up" the groundbait from time to time (I use an atomiser spraygun) or it will dry out in the sun (if it ever comes out again!).

Good luck!