Places to fish in North Lincolnshire??

danozzy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Shortly I'm moving from Colchester up to North Lincolnshire and I wondered if anyone had any recommendations of some decent places to fish and/or clubs to join as I don't really know the area as spent my whole life in Essex!
I'm a pleasure angler, enjoy feeder/waggler fishing and like more mature lakes/stillwaters rather than boring holes in the ground!
Like a mixed stock of fish not just carp!
Many thanks in advance.
Dan

danozzy

Reaction score
Thanks Fred,

Not there yet but will be very soon, can't wait!

danozzy

Reaction score
Fred that's very kind of you and I may very well take you up on that!
It's a big move as spent my whole life in Essex but my wife is originally from Broughton and we decided to move up!
Important things first, sort out fishing venues ha ha!
Regards Dan

danozzy

Reaction score
Yes I know Romford and Southend well!

Alot slower pace of life in Lincolnshire I bet!

dezza

Reaction score
The fishing in Northern Lincolnshire is wonderful, provided you are not one of these nutters who only rate roach over 3 lbs, bream over 12 lbs, pike over 30 lbs, tench over 10 lbs and barbel over 15 as worth catching.

The River Witham for example from it's upper reaches to Boston is full of big pike and roach.

There are myriad fenland drains that have never been fished in umpteen years. There are one or two still water fisheries that are the best of their kind in the whole of England. As Fred says, get yourself a Sunny Scunny Book.

flightliner

Reaction score
The River Witham for example from it's upper reaches to Boston is full of big pike and roach.
The counties good for sure Ron but the old Witham that we knew decades ago is a shadow of what it was, otters,mink, comorants etx have decimated the roach and chub of the upper river, so much so that my club have let one of the best reaches go and the lower river is hard, really hard.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Plenty of chub and roach on an Upper stretch I know Flightliner, they must have moved ;) PM me the old stretch please.

My first attempt on the stretch netted me 2 chub to just under 5lb and roach are a plenty to the floatmen who fish it.

I'm assured there are bigger chub,so I'll be back down soon.

Steve Handley

Reaction score
The counties good for sure Ron but the old Witham that we knew decades ago is a shadow of what it was, otters,mink, comorants etx have decimated the roach and chub of the upper river, so much so that my club have let one of the best reaches go and the lower river is hard, really hard.

I have to agree with flightliner. The upper Witham is a shadow of its former self, yes there are some big chub in there, more 5 pounders than I can remember, and I've fished it for over forty years! but not the smaller fish which is not the sign of a healthy river. The big roach have gone, decimated by the squadrons of cormorants that appeared on the river a couple of years ago during the extreme cold spell. I now no longer belong to Grantham Angling Association or Scunthorpe Pisces due to the poor condition of the river, although I'm still a member of Newark Fed, who have a nice stretch of the Witham.

If you want to travel a bit further south, Woodland Waters, Ancaster near Grantham is a nice mixed fishery