Rods and reels

colin donnelly

Reaction score
Right i am looking to sell my 4 rods and reels to update them just wondering if anyone know roughly how much i would get for them, they are 4xDaiwa powermesh 2/2.5 rods and 4xshimano aero 6010s? Also if anyone could tell me what sort of rods and reels i could get for no more than £450, i am living in scotland and big water carp lakes are not an issue up here so looking for no more than a 2.75 test curve because take a trip to france once and a while.

Cheers lads

james lynch 2

Reaction score
Hiya Col to be honist id stick with the reels just get new rods,I would buy the reels off you if you wanting new ones thanks james

R

Roto Fryer

i,d also stick with the reels for now and get 3 decent rods ie the Greys x-flite as seen here.

then save up and get new reels as you can afford them.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
The chub outkast rods are also another very good value for money rod from the Greys/Chubb stable. It comes with the same lifetime warrebty as the Greys rods. Minimalist design with ceramic eyes and fuji reels seats. A slim blank with a shrink hable but grip. The action is semi fast so a good casting action without being to stiff. Resomnably priced to at £65.00 or so each.
15548.jpg

That would leave you enough money to go and get three shimano XTE-A 1000 bait runner reels.
super%20baitrunner%20xtea_ok.jpg

Go to one shop and order all three togheter and you should get well within your budget.

Tight Lines

F

Frothey

why are you thinking of changing? are changing them going to catch you any more fish?

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Colin sorry I missed a part of your question How much are your existing rods and reels worth

Reels depending upon ther quality about £25-35 each and the rods a about the same give or take. The problem is ther are so many good rods and reels avaliable now at such low prices. it makes the second hand value almost nothing

colin donnelly

Reaction score
thanks very much guys,i will let you know how i get on and if know anyone who might want them give me a shout and a price want to pay and frothey to answer your question i could well do catch more fish as the water i fish is quite large and is a bit of a chuck to reach the fish sometimes in which my rods cant reach and the retrieve on my reels means i am winding the handle for ages.

cheers