The 5th Press Manor Fish-in 2008

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Another great day out.

Dont want to contradict you mate but i did not catch in the morning and had the brown trout on dry in the afternoon with the 3 rainbows.

Looking forward to next year all ready

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I forgot about the brownie.

At least I got the winner right.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
If you want it mate its there for the taking. You have 12 months to sharpen your skills.

I will be there to defend it.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

This competition is supposed to be light hearted.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Iam only joking Ron i said to graham that i might not fish next year in the comp to let somebody else win and get there name on the trophy.

C

Cakey

Graham ...that was clever,taking pictures of Ron on TWO cameras

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Vivid imagination spiders. I would not sully myself with such mundane task. I have a man for doing the dirty whi;le i have a good alibi.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The bloody scarecrow beat me last Saturday. I'll just have to make up for it at Clattercote/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
a good write up Ron, I`m obviously missing out here, I must try to get to one this year at some point/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Trebor

Reaction score
Good write up Ron with some good photos to boot.

It wasn't John Warrener up the tree though - its me! Couldn't reach any of Sean's flies either, they were too far out on the branch ends unfortunately.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Good write up Ron and thanks for pushing my piles back ....................

<a href="http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/images/pm086lrg.jpg" target="blank">
pm086.jpg

</a>

The Monk

Reaction score
Mine have gone Ed, completely, A few years ago I had problem piles, but no more???/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, I think its not spending weeks on end on a bedchair thats done it?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

You could have got Ron to push them back ......... as you can see by the picture ,he's got a good touch

M

MarkTheSpark

So, Mr Baron caught one less fish than me? There's no justice. Next time, I'll save my gimlet eye and laser casting for the avvy - keep my powder dry so that I can launch into the fish like a coiled spring.

I had a great time, as I said elsewhere on another thread. In particular, I was absolutely mesmerised by the marsh buttercups, lady's smock (nowhere near as common as it used to be) and swathes of other wild flowers. There were also some warblers singing behind me which I couldn't identify (mainly cos I'm a bit crap at warbler song).

What a lovely fishery.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Mark i had 4 in the match did you manage three. Glad i did not hear about thata s it would have had me panicking which would have made my casting go to hell.

Glad you caught.

M

MarkTheSpark

There's the rub, Bryan. I had three before me pie and mash in the pub (one of which fell off right at the net), but only two in the afternoon. I shot me bolt too soon...

My casting was rubbish from the off - I must have changed leaders four times. I blame it on my old 40+ line which has just about had it. And a lack of recent practise.