fishing in malaysia

gerry h

Reaction score
hello chaps ,has anyone done any fishing out in malaysia

Gary Newman

Reaction score
Don't know too much about the fishing there but believe the sea fishing is very good and still fairly cheap, some very productive sailfish sport at the right time of year.

If i remember right you're a member of the Indian Angler forum, try posting on there as one of the members who i know, Junglebum, lives in KL and i think works for a Malaysian fishing mag. He should be able to give you more info.

gerry h

Reaction score
cheers gary havnt been on there for a while but i will have a look,as i am goin to kl

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Gerry

I was there 3 months ago. Excellent fishing, I will write an article and post to FM soon.Like most places overseas, you'll need to havelocal contacts. Suggest you join'Malaysia fishing net', they are a helpful bunch.

The fishing available in and around KL includes commercial freshwater fisheries with large Snakehead, Pacu and Catfish. There is one in particular I can recomend: Tow Foo Fishery. There are also saltwater payponds if that's your thing, and decent inshore boat fishing, which you can arrange through Malaysia fishing net.

If you need to know anything else, let me know!