Tackle Fair

R

Richard Drayson

A tackle fair is to be held in Hampshire at Romsey Community School, Sunday 24th March, 10am 'til 4pm.
Items for sale/swap include rods, reels, books and cased fish.
Fred J. Taylor will be there signing his new book.
Entry costs ?1.00 and refreshments are available.

Maybe see some of you there?

R

Richard Drayson

Hi Rik, it's North of the town centre off the B3398 Cherville Street. It's usually pretty well signposted.
Just taken a look at my map and this shows it as being The Romsey School.

J

John Pleasance

It's gotta be better than gardening, so I might just pop along for a looksee.

R

Richard Drayson

The more the merrier John.
Hope Rik can make it as well.
Maybe see you there :)

J

John Pleasance

Must have missed you Richard, but there were a lot of beards on display,I did bump into Rik though.

I was hoping for some book bargains but they were a bit pricey,picked up a nice unused Abu closed face reel though.I managed to resist all those centrepins somehow.

R

Richard Drayson

At least you picked up a bargain there John.
You're right about the book prices though... extortionate!
I looked at a couple of barbel books, one by Andy Orme and another called "Quest for Barbel", each were priced at around 50 quid!
Needless to say I didn't buy either.

Did you see the reels made by Garry Mills (ex Young's employee)?
VERY nice. I understand he'll start making them for customers in 12-18 months time.

Sorry to have missed Big Rik as well, did he manage to nab any bargains?

C

Carp Angler

One of the Andy Orme barbel books was priced at ?80 but the bloke said he would accept ?75, very charitable.

If I'd have seen a bargain, then I might have been interested.
It was all rather pricey.

The coffee was alright though.

If it's on again next year, then I'll probably go up there with my Aerial match and try to flog it to one of the stall holders.
They were selling crap ones for ?135.

A

Alan Roe

Rick bring your pin to Izaak Waltons fishery on Wednesday myself and McWallet will be there......He's producing and directing me in F.M's forthcoming blockbuster.....

C

Carp Angler

I've got something else happening Wednesday, as much as I'd like to travel for 4 hours up the M6 to watch you and the midget in action.

A

Alan Roe

4 Hours up the M6!!! Hell you would'nt have made it past Hilton Park services in so short a space of time I was thinking of at least 7 hours from Brum to Stafford!!