carp water near manchester

doug85

Reaction score
Hi there I'm fairly new to carp and have been fishing my local lakes for a while now, I am looking for somewhere to do night fishing(local lakes are a bit dogey). I was wondering if anyone knew of some decent member waters or even some day/night tickets which are more secure.

cheers

bigfish74

Reaction score
I take it by dodgy you mean rhodes there is always clofton marina not a runs water ots a tad hard but worthwhile the carp are old now and mr angry died big bream and tench as well there are also a few grassies in there and i ha e seen two come out in the summer months to floarting crust

I remember the old parachute rig approa h to floater fishi g always did well on there

Hope this helps

Andy

doug85

Reaction score
Ha yes you've got rhodes lodges and also the billy's, but if you go on your own your asking for trouble. Isn't clifton in salford though can't really imagine it being much better, thanks for the info though. Also dont mind driving 1hr - 1 1/2hr

noknot

Reaction score
Hi Doug and welcome!

Have you looked at Sale waterpark? A good friend of mine is a member, some nice Carp to low 30's.

doug85

Reaction score
Hi noknot
Cheers for the info had a look at the website and it looks like a decent water run by some decent people. Do you have any idea how safe it is for nights. Do you know if its a runs water or is it going to need cracking and pre baiting.

bigfish74

Reaction score
Hi Doug and welcome!

Have you looked at Sale waterpark? A good friend of mine is a member, some nice Carp to low 30's.

please please please do not fish sale marina alone at night i know a feew lads who have woke up to no tackle at all in the morning it really is a bad place
there is always pilsworth as well nice place nice carp

as for clifton marina yes and no its salford but only nr area as in its not in the middle os salford and all the carpers on there are good lads if anything ever happened which i have never hears or had anything happen to me on there they would be there for you

andy

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
Clifton's got a good rep and so has Sale since it changed hands. The Bridgie has good carp in it and if you don't mind traveliing a bit have a look at the Lymm and Warrington websites.
(Especially Lymm, my club)

bigfish74

Reaction score
Clifton's got a good rep and so has Sale since it changed hands. The Bridgie has good carp in it and if you don't mind traveliing a bit have a look at the Lymm and Warrington websites.
(Especially Lymm, my club)

How much are lymm charging these days phil

Andy

doug85

Reaction score
cheers for all the info lads going to have a look at lymm i think looks really good

noknot

Reaction score
please please please do not fish sale marina alone at night i know a feew lads who have woke up to no tackle at all in the morning it really is a bad place
there is always pilsworth as well nice place nice carp

as for clifton marina yes and no its salford but only nr area as in its not in the middle os salford and all the carpers on there are good lads if anything ever happened which i have never hears or had anything happen to me on there they would be there for you

andy

Hi Andy, my friend fishes Sale along, and has never mentioned any problems?

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
Lymm is £115 for the first year and then £80 after that. There is an additional charge to fish certain waters during the closed season.

Night fishing allowed on most waters and we have over 40 to go at, pools, rivers, canals, lakes.

Check the website

nicos

Reaction score
Hi Andy, my friend fishes Sale along, and has never mentioned any problems?

as the FRIEND ive fished sale for the last 4 years and not had a problem.. i wouldent leave my gear unattended but never bin mitered... its not a runs water but easy fishing with effort put in :D

justin ackroyd

Reaction score
Lymm and sale boating lake look worth joining. Do most of the lakes on the lymm book and sale get busy, especially on weekends? Its the
only time I can go, Like many of you

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
The 'runs' waters on the Lymm card do get busy in summer. However we do have a couple of venues that are a little tougher but the standard of fish is higher. We have at least three waters that could give you a big 20 and one that holds a mid 30.