1982 AND ALL THAT

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
Hunting through my old book cabinet yesterday I came across a volume entitled 'Coarse Fishing on Stillwaters' by a certain Mr Marsden. The issue was dated 1982.

Re-readingthe book brought back fond memories of fibre glass rods, revolutionary baits (such as sweetcorn!) and catching carp. ANY carp! Things just seemed so much more simple in those days and I really wonder if some of the sheer magic has disappeared from the sport. I can't see too many people these days hunting big carp with an 11ft fibre glass rod of no more than 2lb tc. I remember half past four mornings down by the local gravel pit watchingfor signs of tench bubbles and armed with my 13ft Abu Ferralite rod, Michell Match reel and a loaf of bread. Re-reading Graham's book (it's a good read) brought those memories back and I can't help but think we were better off in those pre commercial, less intense,days. Oh well ......

Graham, if you read this, please have a look at the This is for AZ thread. Do we claim the sonubaits prizes?