How much tackle does everyone find?

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Banksticks, disgorger's, baiting needles, feeders, leads, scales, floats, a landing net, a brolley and my lucky socks are all bankside finds, what have you found thats gone straight into your tackle box.

the dace

Reaction score
I hand anything i find to either the bailiff or I take it to the local cop shop lost and found...........yeah right :cool:

Seriously.....a brolly and a landing net!! How can anyone forget those large items :w

I have stocked up on floats and weights but that's where my 'luck' has run out :rolleyes:

welpi

Reaction score
Unfortunately in my case by far more is lost than found...(see other thread) :rolleyes:

gaz b

Reaction score
Ive found lots of plugs and spinners, floats, anglers fish from the other side of the bank from where i fish :))

Gaz

B

binka

I fished a stretch of the Trent just after the last floods of last year had receeded and there was an entire tree stump complete with roots that had been washed up onto the bank complete with tangled line with a very battered rod and reel twisted throughout... I think someones barbel session may have gone a bit wrong.

mick b

Reaction score
It's the unwritten law of the river that if it comes downstream it belongs to the finder.
It as also standard practice following a flood, to do a downstream patrol as the water level drops, carrying a long pole, this is to push any dead animals back out into the flow so someone else has the job of burying them! :wh

As someone who has managed various waters I have found the following;
Dead bodies of everything.....:eek:mg:....yes really.
Several boats, and a punt which I sold for £120
A 56 gallon drum of yacht varnish, decanted and shared amongst my friends
Assorted tubs, ornaments, benches and seats, some of which I used myself
Dozens of builders planks, still have shelves made from some of these
Several dozen top quality footballs, usually given away to local kids

I've also found, let behind by anglers, rods, nets, bank sticks complete with full sets of Optonics, umpteen bait boxes, coats, gloves but no hats (?) all of which I returned to the angler concerned if they fished again (yes truly) all except for some of the bait boxes which I still have.

At present there a zillions of tennis balls coming down the river I fish, the keeper had over 50 in less than a week and they are still coming.....???

My least favourite 'left behind' was/is always anglers litter.
I used to collect every scrap, then add quite a bit more to it and keep it in a bag for when the angler visited again.
I would then hand it back to them with a "you brought it now you take it away"
That did the trick, every time, without fail! :D

benny samways

Reaction score
Free spirit S-landing net pole with fox barbel net.

An insight barbel net with cheap pole.

Old school jrc recliner.

Also found a hair-rig measurer tying type device by Solar that I would never pf bought but it works a treat

bigfish74

Reaction score
a keep net left drying in a tree still in use floats loads of feeders and a dead cow complete with maggots on the river

andy

terry m

Reaction score
Just odd leads and rig bits for me. Plus some really classy stainless banksticks that I still use. I bet the owner kicked themselves when they realised! :eek:mg:

urbanangler

Reaction score
Haha another hijacked thread to mine i see! It wasnt rocket science to ask the opposite really!

I think im more or less breakin even with things ive lost vs hings ive found,

Last find was a korum unhooking mat but in the past ive found banksticks, lead cores complete with leads and rigs, floats, feeders, loads of things!!

justin ackroyd

Reaction score
found a keepnet and bankstick, brand new.
Then a reel case full of baitrunner spools, amazing both on the Nidd

Felt sorry for the one who left the spools behind

Steve King

Reaction score
The usual feeder, weights and floats on the bank or in the margins.

However my best find was a Cotswold Aquarius Roamer Chair in nearly new condition! This wasn't on the bank or in the water, but at the end of the road next to a recycling bin!

A quick wash and it went for £30 on eBay!! :D:D:D :w

MRWELL

Reaction score
Well i have found almost everything you need to have a good days fishing including the rods,the rods were not in the best condition i might add but you could use them to a point but i got rid of them,Floats,leads,spools of line,baiting needles and disgorgers plus a very nice chair,how someone forgot that i don't know,some none fishing items are,flasks with tea still in them and packs of cigarettes,no good to me i don't smoke and some very nice Salmon sarnies,i used those as bait ;).

micksmith39

Reaction score
Most of the stuff i FIND is in trees,mostly plugs and spinners,where some lazy b******d has just left them there as a death trap for any bird that comes along, usually 2 or 3 casts and i have retrieved them.The amount of line i pick up and cut into small pieces winds me up as well,but because i am always looking for line etc ,i do find other things,Forceps,a bite alarm, loads of leads,rod rests,unhooking mat,etc