The Alternative Angler ? New from TickleTackle

F

Fred Bonney

I wish I had a brain like yours Kevin, then I wouldn't have to keep asking for favours.

If you like though send me a sample of each, and I'll do a user review!!

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Fred

As you are aware, TickleTackle are now committed to helping Barbel anglers in any way they can. As a group they are always willing to accept new ideas,methods and equipment, and don't mind paying through the nose either, ideal TT customers, in fact.

Should have targetted them years go....!!!!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Hi Kevin

As you know we here at Bent Nets of Sheffield (A division of Lord Paul Enterprises and not to be confused with Bennett's of Sheffield for legal reasons) are a main supplier of TT gear. Since this announcement of new barbel gear we have been literally inundated with 2 calls from DVSG members.

I can't say who but one chap has asked have TT produced a barbel bush hat Quote "I'd sell my **** Walker autographed picture I keep by my bed to raise money for a new TT bush hat"

Another DVSG, who can't be named, rung to enquire "Will TT be doing some barbel cooking gear - I'm on a diet at the moment and only one 1 beer a night so the money I'm saving will go on a TT barbel gas ring"

And as I type a 3rd DVSG lad has asked about TT barbel hair dryers for getting his hair looking spot on for those all important bank side pictures - again I can't say who but he can afford to pay to prices due to all he magazine articles he writes.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
M'lud

TT welcome the clamour for new productsfrom a group so well respected as the DVSG, but the request for 'barbel cooking gear' has caused some concern. Would it be a grill or rotisserie they are looking for to cook their barbel on?

And we suspect some espionage is afoot, as your last comment would seem to suggest that plans for the soon to be be released methane powered hair dryer might already be in the public domain.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Kevin

Are there any plans for TT to develop a range of fly fishing tackle or 'fluff stuff'???

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Sorry Kevin but I did not get chance to find the answers to your questions - Another DVSG lad Matt Beige he's called or something like that popped his head in and said

"Quick [name withheld by request] Toni R and his crew are in the area - there's going to be a rumble"

Reaction score
NEWS JUST IN

My sources tell me that the DVSG are holding captive a massive 24lb Barbel in a secret cellar below a property in the Conisbrough area.

The barbel, rumoured to be called 'The Wanderer' or 'The Tourist' or something, is being kept in a special hi-flo tank and being fed a high nutrician diet to induce growth to massive proportions. Furthermore, accurate rumours have confirmed that this fish has been bred and has produced seven offspring, which are also being force fed a special diet to induce rapid growth.

It is thought that once the fish have reached the desired weight then it will be used for trophy shots and a record claim never to be beat.

The DVSG refused to comment as they werepreoccupiedburgaling the houses of all the anglers at the Clattercote match.

S

Steve King

Great stuff Kevin! Just need to perfect the Tickle Tackle "Kwik Klip" to attach your Bagging Waggler to the line (know wot I mean hint hint?!)

Methane powered hair drier? Why not - the methane powered barbecue is here aready!!!
gasbraaier.jpg

Lord Paul

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

NEWS JUST IN

My sources tell me that the DVSG are holding captive a massive 24lb Barbel in a secret cellar below a property in the Conisbrough area.

The barbel, rumoured to be called 'The Wanderer' or 'The Tourist' or something, is being kept in a special hi-flo tank and being fed a high nutrician diet to induce growth to massive proportions. Furthermore, accurate rumours have confirmed that this fish has been bred and has produced seven offspring, which are also being force fed a special diet to induce rapid growth.

It is thought that once the fish have reached the desired weight then it will be used for trophy shots and a record claim never to be beat.

The DVSG refused to comment as they werepreoccupiedburgaling the houses of all the anglers at the Clattercote match.</blockquote>
it's on Deanos pie and mash diet- so should be up to 30lb soon-

S

Steve King

Well there we go, these East European types would need 4 burners to cooka barbel of that size on!!!